All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok. So this weekend was my first Battle Under the Big Top experience. I saw some amazing performances! But I am still quite confused on how Atlanta Jayhawks junior level 4 (small) lost to stingrays (large) team. Stingrays dropped stunts, and bobbles. Jayhawks put on an amazing performance with high energy, expressions, and facials, both days. I will admit Sunday was much better when it comes to the "performance". On both days they beat the Stingrays on the techinical scores. Please note this team had the 2nd highest techinical score for any level 4 team (including all coed and all senior level 4 teams on day 2). Our girls took 2nd place with such amazing grace and class, but with a broken heart. I am very proud of the junior green family!

I am not hating on the stingrays, they are an amazing gym, with amazing athletes. I am just confused.. Congrats to Orange and Top Gun for their paid bids to worlds!

Allstar Challenge has two sheets that a team performing is judged; A technical sheet "green" and a Performance sheet "purple." ASC weighs most of their scoring system on the purple sheet consisting of jumps, motions, dance, showmanship, formations, choreography, creativity, and overall impression. Stingrays Jr 4 (Platinum) has always done a great job on this part of the scoresheet. They have a very difficult routine that doesn't stop moving. ASC rewards all teams that can be technically clean while entertaining a crowd. I know that this team has always been fun to watch even with a drop or two...

Hope this helps you understand the scoresheet a little more :)

Thank you for the compliments. My daughter cheers for Carolina Spirit Athletics. Our Junior 1 finished with a 1st place, our Junior 3 Large finished with a first place and Super Division winner, Senior 2 Large had a rough day Saturday but better Sunday and finished 2nd and Senior 4 Large had a really rough day Saturday but pulled together Sunday for a 3rd place but a really good score for Sunday, so we are very happy with how all the teams did this weekend and look forward to a great season. It was CSA's first time at Battle Under the Big Top. We are a somewhat small gym in NC but we work hard and have a great coaching staff. We had a great time this weekend. Congrats to all. :)

I love watching your teams :) They are always so clean! Sounds like you guys are going to have a great season. Good luck and hopefully we'll see you at some competitions this year!

Are there any videos of both teams??

Ok. So this weekend was my first Battle Under the Big Top experience. I saw some amazing performances! But I am still quite confused on how Atlanta Jayhawks junior level 4 (small) lost to stingrays (large) team. Stingrays dropped stunts, and bobbles. Jayhawks put on an amazing performance with high energy, expressions, and facials, both days. I will admit Sunday was much better when it comes to the "performance". On both days they beat the Stingrays on the techinical scores. Please note this team had the 2nd highest techinical score for any level 4 team (including all coed and all senior level 4 teams on day 2). Our girls took 2nd place with such amazing grace and class, but with a broken heart. I am very proud of the junior green family!

I am not hating on the stingrays, they are an amazing gym, with amazing athletes. I am just confused.. Congrats to Orange and Top Gun for their paid bids to worlds!

Back