OT Beale Street Flippers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
In the All-Star forum there was discussion about Trinity, and finding kids from lower income areas and helping them cheer. Someone mentioned that its not really possible to get level 5 tumblers straight out of the lower income areas.
We were on vacation in Memphis a few years ago, saw the Beale Street flippers ! I dont know their whole backstory, but the kids go out to Beale Street and put buckets out, and tumble for money! they are AMAZING and some of them could out tumble most level 5 cheerleaders.

It really is the coolest thing ever!! I live in downtown Memphis, and they are out all hours of the day until way late at night, even when it is freezine. Of course I am always with cheerleaders and we stop and watch for 20 minutes then yell for them to try out for UCA staff. It will be 1am and they are still doing 10 backhandsprings and ending with a whip full step out on concrete for huge crowds of people. Glad you posted this! I wish some of them would go cheer at Memphis Elite.

There used to be one on Memphis Elite's Co-Ed 5 team years ago... maybe 2004? The team went to UCA Nationals and ESPN did a little spot light on him saying that her grew up tumbling on cobble roads. They're pretty awesome. I would never want to tumble on that surface though....

Some of them were at the Tennessee/Kentucky basketball game a couple of weeks ago. They were freaking awesome.

Back