All-Star Bedazzled Nfinity Backpacks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just got my Nfinity backpack the other day! I really want to bling out the Nfinity logo. I might bedazzle behind another logo (like on Rockstar's uniform). I am just wondering if I should put lots of bows on it or just some pins from other teams and competitions. Do any of you have any other great ideas for bedazzling your backpack or have any thoughts about mine? :D
I see a craft project in my future :) happy to do it with you awesomesauce!

Okay crafty folks... Help.

Got the kandi professional touch and a boatload of 20ss Swarovski hotfix crystals.

Everything seems fine except the wand won't melt the glue. It's on, it's warm... But you can sit a crystal in it for 10 minutes and that glue isn't melting.

Did I get a bum wand or am I doing something wrong? The wand is hot to the touch but it won't even scorch a piece of paper (after its been heating for 30 minutes). It just doesn't seem like its getting hot.

Suggestions?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Okay crafty folks... Help.

Got the kandi professional touch and a boatload of 20ss Swarovski hotfix crystals.

Everything seems fine except the wand won't melt the glue. It's on, it's warm... But you can sit a crystal in it for 10 minutes and that glue isn't melting.

Did I get a bum wand or am I doing something wrong? The wand is hot to the touch but it won't even scorch a piece of paper (after its been heating for 30 minutes). It just doesn't seem like its getting hot.

Suggestions?

In order to rule out your wand malfunction, I suggest you go to your local craft store and purchase hot fix rhinestones (less expensive ones than Swarovski ones so you aren't wasting all of your expensive ones) and try the wand out on those. If it doesn't melt the glue on those, then you probably have a bum wand. My wand is so hot, it causes a welt when I touch my skin with it. If it works on those rhinestones, then it could be your rhinestones and I would contact the dealer that you purchased your rhinestones from.

In order to rule out your wand malfunction, I suggest you go to your local craft store and purchase hot fix rhinestones (less expensive ones than Swarovski ones so you aren't wasting all of your expensive ones) and try the wand out on those. If it doesn't melt the glue on those, then you probably have a bum wand. My wand is so hot, it causes a welt when I touch my skin with it. If it works on those rhinestones, then it could be your rhinestones and I would contact the dealer that you purchased your rhinestones from.
Yeah, ours is no where near that hot. You can touch the end and its hot but won't burn you. We just picked up a different wand in the craft store. Ill check that out.

Ok, so orderer error. I went back to my order and realized I bought flatback stones instead of hotfix. Great. Yay, me. DH will have a field day since we've been arguing that maybe I had the wrong ones.

I have to get some others anyway, because CP has decided she wants to do some color too. Think cheer rainbow.

Here's my question, and I really can't tell from pictures online. I can figure the other colors out but, what "color" is the closest to "teal?" I saw blue zircon in the craft store yesterday and it looked a little "light blue" to me and I'm afraid "erinite" which is the other color online that looks close is going to be "mint green."

Who knows swarvski enough to point me to the right color for "teal?"

12stepCheermom its been a long time but I think my mom used the light turquoise color on a twirling leo for me when I was little. I'm doing this from my phone so hopefully it works, but here's a color chart. I agree that erinite is too green
sa2eru9e.jpg

Ok, so orderer error. I went back to my order and realized I bought flatback stones instead of hotfix. Great. Yay, me. DH will have a field day since we've been arguing that maybe I had the wrong ones.

I have to get some others anyway, because CP has decided she wants to do some color too. Think cheer rainbow.

Here's my question, and I really can't tell from pictures online. I can figure the other colors out but, what "color" is the closest to "teal?" I saw blue zircon in the craft store yesterday and it looked a little "light blue" to me and I'm afraid "erinite" which is the other color online that looks close is going to be "mint green."

Who knows swarvski enough to point me to the right color for "teal?"
I would use either the blue zircon or the caribbean blue for the teal color hot fix stones. I think those are the closest to teal. If you thought that the blue zircon looked too light, then try the caribbean blue.

I just even used E600 on some hotfix stones because I didn't feel like taking the chance of burning through the material or too lazy to drag it out. I know you're not putting your backpack in the washing machine, but I used the E600 on some hotfix crystals for a tshirt for CP the night before we went to Dallas and they've stayed on through several washings. Just wanted to test if the E600 held up as well as actually hotfixing them on.

We are not allowed to bling our backpacks, but, thank you, Varsity for at least coming up with some blingy trading pins, that we've let our CPs poke holes in those $80 backpacks so they can have a little bling.

To anyone who has ordered from the rhinestone guy - if you make a second order, do you have to give them all your shipping and credit card info again? Or do they keep it on file? My sister is in Hawaii with the card I used the first time I ordered so I'm wondering if I have to wait for her to get back to order again...

I would use either the blue zircon or the caribbean blue for the teal color hot fix stones. I think those are the closest to teal. If you thought that the blue zircon looked too light, then try the caribbean blue.
The color indicolite is actual teal.

Also if you've ordered from rhinestone guy, how many/ what size stones did you order? Trying to avoid having to make multiple orders/ ordering more than I need!!;)

Also if you've ordered from rhinestone guy, how many/ what size stones did you order? Trying to avoid having to make multiple orders/ ordering more than I need!!;)
Rhinestones Sample Cards and Stone Sizes by Rhinestone Guy if you go here and scroll down there's some information about how to differentiate between stone size and mm. I thought it was pretty helpful! Also this page (Projects in Rhinestones - Cellphones) has information on how many you need when covering a flat surface, and should give you a general idea on how many you need!
From what I've gathered on here, most people use 3, 4, or 5mm rhinestones when working on backpacks. One "gross" of rhinestones is 144 rhinestones, but if you get 3mm or smaller you have to order at least 2 grosses. hope I could help! He has a lot of info about the different brands of rhinestones if you go to the "helpful information" part of the site, and can probably answer a lot of your questions! :)

Back