All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh and we had a girl the 2nd to last practice before the first competition (The girls first year cheering) who just didnt show up to practice and we found out she was at concert. The coaches found this out cause one of the cheerleadersmo the team said after she went to the concert she was with this girls boyfriend while we were all at practice. and when she was asked why she went to a concert she said "oh im sorry i have had these tickets for a really long time i didnt think it would be a problem"

So my daughter hasn't missed practice yet...

But I really need her to miss practice tomorrow because Oregon plays in the rose bowl and I'm the biggest ducks fan ever.. I don't ever miss the games and I'm in love with them

So how do you think my excuse will hold up tomorrow? Lol

I'm just playing but I'm sooooo devastated I think I'm going to cry

So my daughter hasn't missed practice yet...

But I really need her to miss practice tomorrow because Oregon plays in the rose bowl and I'm the biggest ducks fan ever.. I don't ever miss the games and I'm in love with them

So how do you think my excuse will hold up tomorrow? Lol
I'm just playing but I'm sooooo devastated I think I'm going to cry
You better TiVo it, girlfriend! ;)

I have been really coaching for about a year now and two good excuses come to mind..

our girls know they have to be at practice even if their sick

1. Dr's note with a prescription of "no cheerleading one week" that what he wrote.

2. "Im sick and I can't practice" But you haven't been sick enough to do your hair and have full make up on.. You'll be fine!

Ok so I'm a crossover. Thursdays I have practice with juniors from 5:45 to 7:45 and then after maybe three minutes of a break I join seniors for their last half hour of practice. I did that on the night of the twilight showing. I got home from practice at like nine and then I showered and we ran back out the door a couple minutes later. Also I'm taking my school's equivalent of two AP classes. I get AT LEAST two hours of homework a night. My school gets out at 2:45 and is half an hour from where I live. I get home and I still manage all my homework. The homework excuse in my opinion is ridiculous!

This is my pet peeve, I HATE seeing girls stroll in late to practice. Taking their time putting on their precious nfinitys that can't be worn outside and taking off there jackets/pants, brushing their hair.....grrr. When my cp is even 1 minute late, she puts on her shoes in the car (if they get ruined it is her/my fault, we shouldn't be late) and RUNS her happy tale into that gym.
My mom and I in the car. If we're even a minute late I put on my shoes in the car, run into the gym, drop my bag and get to work.

Last year I crossed over onto a senior 2 team at my gym. Before I attended one of the practices, I was warned that some of the girls were not so dedicated.. Well, at the first competition three girls did not show up. We had to rework everything.. and two stunts could not go. Their excuses were:

"I forgot we had a competition today."
"I suddenly had to babysit my brothers." The competition has been scheduled since the tryout... Turns out she was getting her hair done for homecoming.
"I was sick." Unless you're puking up blood you better never let your team down.. I competed with Strep twice!

Oh and the greatest one was when this girl made this huge deal about her minor concussion and had been cleared to come back, but she didnt want to tumble anymore..

So her doctors note said-

"Clear to cheer, but not cleared to do flip things" So you're cleared to potentially have a 125 pound girl land on your head, but its too dangerous for you to do a cartwheeel? Cry me a river.

Ok so I'm a crossover. Thursdays I have practice with juniors from 5:45 to 7:45 and then after maybe three minutes of a break I join seniors for their last half hour of practice. I did that on the night of the twilight showing. I got home from practice at like nine and then I showered and we ran back out the door a couple minutes later. Also I'm taking my school's equivalent of two AP classes. I get AT LEAST two hours of homework a night. My school gets out at 2:45 and is half an hour from where I live. I get home and I still manage all my homework. The homework excuse in my opinion is ridiculous!
Yes but you also have to realize school work always come first. I am also some nights up until 1 in the morning doing school work but if you are gone from school for a few days my school doesnt allow make up work days, your work is expected in the day after you receive your work unless its over 3 days gone. For me that was all the homework, and classwork they had. When i missed for strep throat for 2 1/2 days i worked on homework 3 hours before practice, warmed up and did full outs with my Senior 2 team (did homework between everything), and did home work through Senior 4 tumbling and until 11 at night. I had to write 20 spanish vocab words 20 times each, a 4 page report typed plus a written rough draft, 3 full math assignments plus notes, 15 questions and reading 2 chapter is AP history and Chemistry. There would have been no way i could have done that without sitting out through practice but granted i still came but i wasnt there 100% Cheerleading is not going to get me into medical school only my grades will! but i do understand people use this as an excuse to not come but thats not the case for alot of people.

My mom and I in the car. If we're even a minute late I put on my shoes in the car, run into the gym, drop my bag and get to work.

I can't count the number of times I have said to my athletes, "If you come in late, you had better be running in the door!" Sounds like you get it!

I have almost the exact same situation and can't stand when girls miss practice because they need to get their grades up. I'm in high school and their in middle school and I take all honors and manage.

My team's practice fell on Halloween this year and my coach didn't want to cancel because it was the week before our gym's showcase. Anyways, she told us that if anyone missed practice even if their mom emailed and said they were sick, they would get kicked off the team. She even shortened practice a half an hour. One girl's mom emailed the coach saying her daughter was in urgent care and he daughter proceeded to post picture of her out with her friends on Halloween.
This same girl missed our gym showcase AND first competition to go on an OPTIONAL trip to DC with her school when two other girls on the team who had planned to go cancelled because the team meant more to them. ALSO, she missed practice the Monday before break and someone called her and she "thought we were off that week". She also missed at least twice a month for no reason at all

I have almost the exact same situation and can't stand when girls miss practice because they need to get their grades up. I'm in high school and their in middle school and I take all honors and manage.
Same. I am a freshman with all sorts of things going on and I still manage! SMH at those girls!

Yes but you also have to realize school work always come first. I am also some nights up until 1 in the morning doing school work but if you are gone from school for a few days my school doesnt allow make up work days, your work is expected in the day after you receive your work unless its over 3 days gone. For me that was all the homework, and classwork they had. When i missed for strep throat for 2 1/2 days i worked on homework 3 hours before practice, warmed up and did full outs with my Senior 2 team (did homework between everything), and did home work through Senior 4 tumbling and until 11 at night. I had to write 20 spanish vocab words 20 times each, a 4 page report typed plus a written rough draft, 3 full math assignments plus notes, 15 questions and reading 2 chapter is AP history and Chemistry. There would have been no way i could have done that without sitting out through practice but granted i still came but i wasnt there 100% Cheerleading is not going to get me into medical school only my grades will! but i do understand people use this as an excuse to not come but thats not the case for alot of people.
Yes I do get that because I was up until one in the morning after doing a four hour sunday practice and I'm fourteen!

Back