All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yesterday I heard this excuse from a friend who coaches:

"Her inhaler didn't come in yet in the mail so she couldn't compete."

Seriously your kid has asthma.. do you now always have one on hand? So yes as of Friday her inhaler didn't arrive and an alternate had to be put in!

I have never not wanted to go to practice but this year I had to give one really lame but legitimate excuse for why I was late. I live with my grandparents, and at the time my grandmother was in hospital half an hour away & we live 45 minutes from the gym the opposite way. Since we only have one car and my grandpa went everyday to go see her, he decided on one of my practice days that he was going to stay with her longer, and THEN.. instead of just coming right home to give me the car, apparently HE ABSOLUTELY NEEDED TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING. I wanted to die for even having to utter those words. Like really? Who is almost two hours late because their grandfather was grocery shopping? Blah, the downside of living with 50+ year olds, priorities.

While I feel for you, I'm 50 and have never used that excuse for my daughter. lol

I was afraid we were going to be late (not miss), but we had to rescue a turtle in the pool. It was about time to leave, and I saw a turtle in the pool. I don't know where the turtle came from, but I was afraid the chlorine would kill it. That sucker swam fast so "rescuing" it was more difficult than you would think. We finally scooped it up in a laundry basket. I released it into a canal. Then a few days later, I heard about the neighbor's missing turtle. :confused: I like to think it is having a happier turtle life in the wild.

This isn't the same at all, but when my son was little, I worked and HATED my job, so I was late frequently. Immature, I know, but that was a long time ago. :) Anyway, one day I was putting some things into my car and had my front door propped open and a bat flew in. I am terrified of bats!! I had to go to a neighbor's house and call my boss to tell her that I wasn't leaving until I could get the bat out. I am 100% certain she did not believe me. It was really true, though. There was NO WAY I was going to work and leaving a bat in my house. If I would've come home and not known where it was, I would have died from fear. As it was, my neighbor had to come help me while I stood there and cried. (there's that maturity thing again. ;) )

Cheer a game? That's different than a practice. I try and miss as many games as I can! They are pure torture for high school.

Omg I HATED cheering at basketball games.. In high school AND college I would give anything to miss a game...It doesn't help when your hs and college teams both sucked. Though I never did. Too dedicated I guess.... Football I LOVED cheering for.

Back