All-Star Best Home Spray Tan?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 1, 2011
The moms at our gym are ramping up for the season and have a few ideas about spray tan brands for home tanning vs salon treatments. We just got new uniforms and I think that I might consider spray tanning for my CP this year too but I'm not sure where to start. Ideas?

If I don't have time to spray tan before a game I bought this stuff from Suntan city that's in a can. It's called versa spray and it stays on until you wash it off which is good for competition weekends so you.dont go to school on Monday all Orange. That's the only at home "spray tan" that I use

Try tan towels, they're pretty cheap and they work really well. It doesn't look orange, it isn't messy and it will last perfectly for a competition weekend. They look just like baby wipes and you just rub them all over your body (they're safe for your face), and if you do it before bed then you'll wake up with a nice tan. It's much easier to get an even tan with these than with the spray tan cans I think

Try tan towels, they're pretty cheap and they work really well. It doesn't look orange, it isn't messy and it will last perfectly for a competition weekend. They look just like baby wipes and you just rub them all over your body (they're safe for your face), and if you do it before bed then you'll wake up with a nice tan. It's much easier to get an even tan with these than with the spray tan cans I think
Whoever invited these is a genius! My college has white uniforms and these are something I will need to try (#palegirlprobz). Where can you find them and how much do they cost? Oh, and how long does the tan last?

I use Neutrogena spray tan all the time, love it. Any spray you use may I suggest have her stand in the shower and then it contains the residual spray and quick clean up. Rub lotion on feet, ankles, hands and a small layer on knees, elbows and the creases on both.

i prefer jergens self tanner. the one I used to use normally takes a week to build up, but they just put out a new one that is suppose to work in a day. my roomate started using it when she stopped going tanning, and I honestly can't tell the difference. It's kinda pricey for a small bottle, but worth it for someone like me who does not like to go tanning.

We like the L'oreal Sublime spray...you can buy it at any drugstore, Target or Walmart......turns a nice color in a few hours.

If you are willing to invest in an airbrush compressor, I highly recommend Ocean tanning solution, which I buy on Amazon.

My mom got me an airbrush and the tanning solution for my birthday last year, and I have to say that the spray tans I've done on myself/had my boyfriend help me with have been better than any MysticTan or other self tanning product I've tried - and believe me, I have tried them all. The Ocean solution has instant color in it so you can see where you spray and that washes off in the shower. The DHA in the solution will cause color to develop in 6-8 hours. I would recommend spraying the night before or day before so you shower once before getting in uniform, as the instant color rubs off on clothes , sheets, etc. (but has washed out of everything I've gotten it on!).

A less expensive option: Tomas Tan from Sally Beauty Supply. It is by far my favorite self tanning lotion. Great natural color, not an awful smell like some of them, and the bottle comes with gloves so your palms don't turn orange - bonus!

One final recommendation for all the pale girls out there like me: try Moist Hemp Bronzing Moisturizer, also at Sally, in between spray tans or self tanner applications. It's basically a more cost-effective version of Jergens Natural Glow - the bottle is bigger, I think it smells good, and it does the same thing as Jergens, leaving just a little hint of color.

Whoever invited these is a genius! My college has white uniforms and these are something I will need to try (#palegirlprobz). Where can you find them and how much do they cost? Oh, and how long does the tan last?
Sally Beauty Supply has something called MitTan Bronze Self Tanning Mitt that is a lot like a tan towel and has great reviews on the Sally website. I've never tried it but I think I will one of these days! It's fairly inexpensive so I think it would be worth a try!

We start with a base of Toma's Tan Perfect Lotion........let that develop (Usually overnight)

Then from Sally's we have a Salon Bronze tanning gun that uses tan cartridges. When buying it originally I think it's around $18. Comes with gun and cartridge. Replacement cartridges are $9. Over the last 18 months we have used just about everything and this combination is what she likes the best. And after repeated trials and error's I can do this combo flawlessly and quickly now. LOL

You can get them on the tan towel website or on amazon. A pack of two full body and two half body towels is $12 on the tan towel website, but you can get larger packs cheaper on Amazon. The tan lasted about 4 days for me so not too bad for what you pay.

You can get them on the tan towel website or on amazon. A pack of two full body and two half body towels is $12 on the tan towel website, but you can get larger packs cheaper on Amazon. The tan lasted about 4 days for me so not too bad for what you pay.

How well do these towels work on elbows and ankles? And one package is enough for the whole body?

I´ve found Tantowel Evolution Plus 5´s on amazon - are these the towels you are talking about?
Tank you!

Overall, which is the best; lotion, spray, or these towel things?
I think it depends on what you're going for and your skin chemistry. I've used products that turn me streaky/orange and look beautiful on my friends and vice versa, so it takes a little trial and error to find the best combination, IMHO.

It's also about how much time/money/energy you are willing to put in. I think spray tanning with my airbrush and tanning solution looks the best on me, but it's such a pain that I rarely do it, especially when I don't have someone around to help me. I often use lotion for that reason.

Back