All-Star Best Scorpion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wanted to share.....practicing my sunset photography skills.
My CP, age 15.

1917422-T600450.jpg

I love how the silhouette of even the bow stands out, so cool :)

I know i'm a bit behind on this, but on senior elite and other cheer extreme teams they grab their scorpions differently. (grab for a scale with left hand, grab shoe with right) so technically if you were to look at Maddie Ds scorp when grabbing correctly (her 2x2 vid for example) you would see it not straighter than Maddie Gs. I would guess they grab like this for easier grab into scale, but I am not positive. In this picture posted Maddie D is grabbing it the other way, making it straight..

I know i'm a bit behind on this, but on senior elite and other cheer extreme teams they grab their scorpions differently. (grab for a scale with left hand, grab shoe with right) so technically if you were to look at Maddie Ds scorp when grabbing correctly (her 2x2 vid for example) you would see it not straighter than Maddie Gs. I would guess they grab like this for easier grab into scale, but I am not positive. In this picture posted Maddie D is grabbing it the other way, making it straight..

Maddie G does pull her scorp differently than most fliers, I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out how she does it and practically dislocated my shoulder trying to pull my scorp like she does haha.

It is so much harder lol. I fell on my face the first time I tried.
My little CP pulls her Scorp like this and she thinks it is harder to do it the other way. It is pretty I just looks different and some coaches are picky about them all looking the same. She can grab lower on her leg with both hands and get it pretty straight but if all the flyers can't do it they look like they are pulling different skills.

My little CP pulls her Scorp like this and she thinks it is harder to do it the other way. It is pretty I just looks different and some coaches are picky about them all looking the same. She can grab lower on her leg with both hands and get it pretty straight but if all the flyers can't do it they look like they are pulling different skills.
It is different for everyone, and considering she is a flyer she is probably used to this kind of stretching. But I think that if she has a straight leg scorp it should be in the routine and if I coached it would, but all coaches are different.

Back