Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont understand why you see some teams with the same girl in the back of every routine.... she takes a knee, then does a stunt, takes a knee, does a tumble pass. I like to watch the routines from the back, and THIS drives me NUTS!

Awards that start super late or go super long.
People who don't come competition ready, i.e. No makeup, top and jeans, other shoes besides cheer shoes with uniform on, hair not ready, curlers still in, etc. Cheerleader should come at their report time ready to hit the stage.

when teams do not clap or stand up when they're name is called for awards

Or worse...when they aren't even AT awards. We had a comp last year where there were only 2 teams cometing in one of my daughters' divisions. We all knew the other team had won (sad to say...but ours was a hot mess), but OUR girls stayed and took their second place out of 2--proudly. The other team wasn't even there to get their first place trophy. Talk about lousy sportsmanship! I felt like they shouldn't even get it if they couldn't be bothered to stay (awards were right when they were supposed to be, so it's not like they didn't know)

When companies say they will post the OOA the Monday before the competition at noon and 2 hours later it's still not up yet
wink.png
C'mon AC - we're dying here!!

When companies say they will post the OOA the Monday before the competition at noon and 2 hours later it's still not up yet;) C'mon AC - we're dying here!!

Seriously, it's like everyone took the day off today!

Here is my new one- FREEZING COLD WARM-UP AREAS/ BACKSTAGE. How am I ment to warm up if my bones are too cold to move?!?!?!

Ugh part of the warmup area for my competition last weekend was in a loading area that was partly open to the outside. In January. In Connecticut. At least in that area we were just doing a mark through on the full mat, but I was so cold!

-people who walk around while a teams performing. then when you're obviously video taping a routine and they dont mind to duck or not walk infront of you at all.
-when you look like a street walker when you enter the competition doors
-obnoxious girls

when the announcer for awards does anything besides announcing the teams. its just plain annoying
when you are the 1st place team and you start screaming , jumping around, etc when the second place team is called....rude.
save your comments for your car ride home because you never know whos around.... we call it "car talk"

when the announcer is rude to your face but than pits a big fake grin on when he talks in the mic ;(

Back