Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My pet peeve is when I am back stage at warmups and I see the whole medical staff and stretchers before I am about to compete. Even though it's for safety if makes me soo nervous seeing that before I am about to go on.

That made my think of my competition this weekend. I got a cut on my leg in warmups, nothing major, but I wanted to cover it before we went on the mat so blood didn't get on people. I went up to the paramedics (do they ever *not* look bored and miserable?) and asked if they had a bandaid. They looked at my like I had two heads and asked them a question in Spanish, and then finally they shook their heads. How do the medical staff not have bandaids?!

That made my think of my competition this weekend. I got a cut on my leg in warmups, nothing major, but I wanted to cover it before we went on the mat so blood didn't get on people. I went up to the paramedics (do they ever *not* look bored and miserable?) and asked if they had a bandaid. They looked at my like I had two heads and asked them a question in Spanish, and then finally they shook their heads. How do the medical staff not have bandaids?!

wow im just amazed at that

A big one for me is disappointing production. I hate when I go to a national competition by a "big name" company, but it's not their premier event, so they cut down on the production (no stage, no special lighting, poor sound system, etc).

1.when people jump up and down when they call the second place team and they know they got 1st
2.when people stop dead in front of you while your watching or video taping
3.when the guards wont let you go into the priority seating on a certain side
4.long lines for food and drinks
5.cold warm up areas

Im not a huge fan of crossovers in different uniforms than everyone else on the squad. My daughter crosses over and we have literally had to change while walking back to warm-ups....it CAN be done.

ive had girls do that on my previous team-worse they were flyers so they really stood out

1. People running around in the stands and blocking the view while teams are performing
2. Announcers who can't pronounce the Team Names the right way, happens a lot over here but come on English is not THAT hard! duh!
3. Teams going crazy during awards when they place higher then other teams, really inaproppriate!

My pet peeve is when I am back stage at warmups and I see the whole medical staff and stretchers before I am about to compete. Even though it's for safety if makes me soo nervous seeing that before I am about to go on.

Well I guess this is better than those comps that don't even HAVE medical staff and ambulances on hand. THAT makes me insane! I've heard of people waiting for 20 minutes for an ambulance--there can be serious injuries at these comps and to not be prepared for that is just stupid.

How about bad warm up areas. I'm talking the ones that are right behind the performance stage, and the music is so loud from the stage that you can even hear yourself count. And of course it's these places that also don't have stereos in the warm up room. Ughh so frustrating!!

hates it when girls undo there skirts , roll them down and turn them to the front.
Wear them right or put something else on!

Back