Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im just gonna make a list cause Ive been thinking about...its kinda a rant:

1. When girls shave their legs the day of a comp and then put on lotion...If I cant hold on to you and you end up face down on the mat dont yell at me (obvi. I would catch them but dramitic effect :p )
2. When teams jump around for like 10 minutes...espicially at tiny comps...like ferrreal this isnt Worlds you wont be on ESPN!!!
3. When teams clearly shouldnt be in the level they are competing in...thats a bad call on the coach's part
4. When people give you dirty looks when they see what gym your from...rude
5. When someone doesnt say thank you/aknowledge you when you say good job when they clearly heard you...like they're some kind of cheerlebrity...umm princess you aint no maddie gardner you arent 360 ballin up and junk...rude
6 When a teams cheer section stops cheering after a stunt falls....thanks mom and dad...rude
7. When a gyms minis uniforms make then look like strippers...as adorable as it is to watch the mini's when your prediciting their dance song to be Slave 4 U..we tend to have a problem
8. When cheerleading mixes use songs that offer no originality to the team competing...oh your gonna do a tik tock to Ke$ha's song tik tock..well the team before you and everyone eles' mother did that too..cute thanks alot music makers...rude
9. And last but no least my biggest pet peeve is: When warm up spring floors have dead spots in the...thanks for the 36 minute warm up but too bad my ankles broke because of your floor...(true story)

when you've worked hard to win your division and it's time to get your jacket/sweat shirt/tshirt and theyre all out of your size

when those handful of people just sit in the special viewing area knowing that their team isnt on the stage and taking up space

i love dallas like soooooo much but i hate how long it takes to compete. one year i got out the warm up room, my team did our 5 minute ritual, i went to the restroom, took a 10 minute nap, got some water, fixed my make up, had a good 6 minute conversation with my stunt group, and after that there were still two teams in front of us to go on in the arena.

I dont understand why you see some teams with the same girl in the back of every routine.... she takes a knee, then does a stunt, takes a knee, does a tumble pass. I like to watch the routines from the back, and THIS drives me NUTS!

we have to have a cross over.. and we do this for the stake of one girl being injured.

when coaches have clearly not thought about their teams music mixes or their uniforms. like really, there was a team with like Halloween music, um hello, it's January! and then the uniforms...

when coaches have clearly not thought about their teams music mixes or their uniforms. like really, there was a team with like Halloween music, um hello, it's January! and then the uniforms...

There was a team today with tragic music...it was Christmas themed...really? And it was so badly mixed I would have sued the music company if it was my team.

There was a team today with tragic music...it was Christmas themed...really? And it was so badly mixed I would have sued the music company if it was my team.

haha oh yeah, I've heard Christmas mixes too, but at least it was in December so it a TINY bit of sense, but still! a good portion of the teams at my comp today had super slow, choppy, music. and then there were teams with just music and no song lyrics!

Haha...so this weekend, my pet peeve was a 45 minute long "Daddy-Daughter Dance Off"....they had about 30 couples, and went through at least 15 rounds of elimination. Really, does it take THAT long to tabulate scores/divy up awards for 50 teams?!? It was PAINFUL....

1 - when girls are burning their hair for hours with curling irons & globbing glitter all over their faces and REFUSING to move from the sink for 2 seconds. I just need to wash my hands, not get ready for the prom.
2 - i know people said this before but freeezing warm up areas. the venue charges $27 for a pretzel, $4 for a piece of paper to know the performance order, and $20 for parents to watch their kids compete. the least you could do is provide me with some heat so my muscles are so cold i can barely pull a pretty scorp.
3 - when competitions run HOURS behind schedule. I understand a few minutes because of injury or you had to clean up someone's mess after they performed, but otherwise that's poor planning. one year one competition ran 3 hours late, and our awards were at midnight, it was insane.

1 - when girls are burning their hair for hours with curling irons & globbing glitter all over their faces and REFUSING to move from the sink for 2 seconds. I just need to wash my hands, not get ready for the prom.
2 - i know people said this before but freeezing warm up areas. the venue charges $27 for a pretzel, $4 for a piece of paper to know the performance order, and $20 for parents to watch their kids compete. the least you could do is provide me with some heat so my muscles are so cold i can barely pull a pretty scorp.
3 - when competitions run HOURS behind schedule. I understand a few minutes because of injury or you had to clean up someone's mess after they performed, but otherwise that's poor planning. one year one competition ran 3 hours late, and our awards were at midnight, it was insane.

Are you my long lost child??? LOL at getting ready for the prom

If I had my team at that, I would have gathered all the parents together and taken a vote. If they wanted to walk out, would have been fine with me. That's just unacceptable. I'd never go back to that company again, even if they offered to pay us to go!

Or...

1. Thou shalt not shimmy.

biggrin.png
biggrin.png

I hate gyms that have girls doubling competing on completely different level teams, like they cheer on the level 5 team and earlier you saw them having the last tumble on the level 2 team. It drives me even more nuts when that person is point jumps or point flyer on org teams!!! It drives me crazy especially when you can see someone is better...

Back