OT Birthday Gift Ideas...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
I figured this would be a nice thread to have to seek gift giving advice....I can't possbly be the only person that struggles with giving presents.

My sister is turning 17 in a few weeks and I have no idea what to get her. She doesn't need clothing (her closet is ridic), she doesnt need electronics, she just got a car for christmas so she doesn't exactly need car stuff, ditto for stuff for her room since she literally got a whole new house and room included over the past few months (house fire).

I'm 9 years older and I flat out don't know what teenagers like....

I was thinking a handbag of some sort? but what designer?

what about shoes?
I know lots of new spring toms came out and I am 15 and got a pair and I really like them

I like getting money because I can never think of anything that I want in the run up to my birthday, so if I get money I can buy something I really like when I do see something that I want, rather than my family buying me presents that I don't really want just for the sake of giving me a present. I don't know if it's seen as acceptable to just give money as a present in America though (I'm English).

Vera Bradley things are really popular. Maybe get her a new wallet or wristlet? Or get her one of these, I love mine. Stylish way to carry my ID:) And its reasonably priced!
Zip ID Case | Vera Bradley

You could start her a Pandora bracelet. The beauty of that is you never have to wonder about a gift again for a long time, just buy her a bead for each occasion that comes up. They also have very pretty earrings that are very appropriate for young women.

Back