All-Star Block Schedule Worlds!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the actual schedule is posted and can I just say I think it can be kind of unfair that half a division goes and then they take a break in that division to hold awards for another division. Just using the IOC6 division as an example but for their prelims they have a team that goes on at 9:46am and then break for awards and the next team doesn't go until 10:30am.

So the actual schedule is posted and can I just say I think it can be kind of unfair that half a division goes and then they take a break in that division to hold awards for another division. Just using the IOC6 division as an example but for their prelims they have a team that goes on at 9:46am and then break for awards and the next team doesn't go until 10:30am.

The judges need a break.

Jostens .... Milkhouse.... Guess what people, some teams, like mine, didn't get a bid and would do ANYTHING to be competiting at worlds, even in the crappy jostens center. Be happy you get to compete!! Just sayin'!
I am yet to see someone say they don't want to compete or that they are upset they are competing at Worlds. Lets take basketball for example...if you competed every year growing up hoping to make it to the final tournament bc it was always held at Madison Square Garden and then the year you get there, they tell you that you have to play in the parking lot. Yes you would be happy that you get to play in the tournament but YES you would be disappointed that YOU had to play in the parking lot.

As I've been saying they need to change the venue to a place that actually fits everyone!

even if they found a venue large enough to hold all of the participants and spectators, they'd still be forced to split up the teams into multiple arenas anyway because there just aren't enough hours in the day for the performances to all be in one arena. i think there's over 24 hours of time blocked out for performances just on saturday. unless there's ever a time when the number of teams attending worlds drops significantly, we won't see all of the performances on the same stage.

Not true, International Coed 6 is in the Milkhouse both days.

For those asking about the Nations Cup I believe it is the highest scoring team from each country and they get a separate trophy. It is just in the International divisions.

I understand people who are going for the first time that are upset about not being in the milkhouse but if they are that upset I will glady take their spot in the Jostens Center as a competitor so they can sit in the Milkhouse all day and watch the other teams. Please just be able that you are going and getting to compete.

I meant IOC5 its one of the hardest devisions at worlds with small senior.

I emailed Steve Peterson about the ongoing concern over the difference in "feel" between Milkhouse and Josten's. He said that USASF knew there was an issue and this year the two sets will be the same. And, I quote, "So now the kids will have the same experience and come out the center as they have been doing in the Milk House."

I'm sure there will be other things to complain about, but not listening or trying can't be one.

I emailed Steve Peterson about the ongoing concern over the difference in "feel" between Milkhouse and Josten's. He said that USASF knew there was an issue and this year the two sets will be the same. And, I quote, "So now the kids will have the same experience and come out the center as they have been doing in the Milk House."

I'm sure there will be other things to complain about, but not listening or trying can't be one.
So your saying people just "complain to complain" but obviously SOMEONE spoke up and at least now there is an effort. Thank you to everyone that spoke up and made SOMETHING happen, change doesn't happen if we all just sit and take it. Also thank you to USASF for listening, now there is a viewable lottery drawing for performance order and I also believe the quality of judging is improving. And you know what, YES something at Worlds will happen that I will complain about and I hope by complaining it gets adjusted to make better for the future.

Jostens center,milkhouse, it really doesn't matter. You are at Worlds! The biggest competition for the cheerleading season! Whatever building you're in, be fierce, rock the mat and take it all in...There will never be another moment like that one! :)
At NCA, my team was so upset when we found out that non level 5s weren't competing in the arena. We all kept saying how it wouldn't be the same and how we wouldn't really get the whole "feeling" of competing at NCA... but when we got on the mat it didn't even make a difference! A mat is a mat, a competition is a competition! TBH, I can't even see anything except for my teammates and my mom's face (<3) when I'm competing so it doesn't make a difference haha!
But c'mon everyone- sure it's upsetting that you're not gonna compete in the prestigious Milkhouse, but it's Worlds either way and you're still getting the experience!

So your saying people just "complain to complain" but obviously SOMEONE spoke up and at least now there is an effort. Thank you to everyone that spoke up and made SOMETHING happen, change doesn't happen if we all just sit and take it. Also thank you to USASF for listening, now there is a viewable lottery drawing for performance order and I also believe the quality of judging is improving. And you know what, YES something at Worlds will happen that I will complain about and I hope by complaining it gets adjusted to make better for the future.

Some do yes. But I'm happy for the people competing in Jostens, this year. Which, by the way, includes my daughter.

This makes me happy :)

From what I was told it is due to the Cameras that are in the milkhouse/field house for ESPN. ESPN pitches to a more "girl crowd" for a cheer comp, so they feel that all-girl divisions should be held in the milkhouse/field house due to taping, and lrg lmtd and unltd are smaller divisions to fit in. Now this is what I "heard" from a good source but please don't take it as MY opinion, I disagree 100% but it is somewhat of an explanation.
@Mclovin I do appreciate what you are saying which is basically...it has to happen so is there something that can be done to help those in the Jostens Center. I don't think there is an answer but I wish more of the "powers that be" would take that in to consideration and make an attempt.

since when does ESPN pitch do a "girl crowd"????

Right. The schedule that Rudags posted yesterday had 11 teams. It looked like Island Xtreme dropped out? So there's no trials on Saturday anymore. I'm not entirely unhappy, because I'll get to spend Saturday watching and taking it all in and cheering for our IO5 team, but I could have saved a lot of money.

Island Xtreme level 6 denied there bid dont know how it ended up in the drawing !!!

I think a lot of you need a big dose of STFU.

I have to admit i laughed at this comment, but not so much that i am as pissed that we arent performing in the milkhouse because i have already performed in it but im pissed and kinda sad that a few of the people who have never been to worlds wont get that experience walking around that huge globe, walking down that ramp, and looking up at all those people who are there watching & cheering because they love cheer just as much as you do. Unless you've never done that before you wouldnt understand, you get a rush that you get no where else, i believe its an experience every worlds competitor should have.

Back