All-Star Bow Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tosh

Cheer Parent
Nov 22, 2011
Sorry in advance to starte another bow thread......but I have a quick question and your input is valuable....
I have been getting more and more request for "sewn" bows. I made a few, and they are a lot extra work and can be very expensive; starting around $35 and can go up to $100.....My question is: Is there really a demand for these types of bows out there? Realistically. The few I have done so far cost $85. I am wondering if this is something I should offer on a regular basis.....
thanks in advance for your input
Shayne, www.cheerstones.net, IG: cheerstones, email: [email protected]

Sewn as in stitch: you stitch the fabric instead on using ribbon and glue/heat N bond...so both sides are fabric. The ones I did for $85 had rhinestones and hand sewn pearls. I will try to find a picture

I've seen a few bow companies doing this (I believe bows of London and then there's another one?)
I don't care how pretty the bows are, I wouldn't pay that much for them (nor do I want to spend that much time making them). I will be sticking to wonder under :cool:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Thanks for your comment. That was my initial take on it as well, especially being a cheer mom of 3 (only one let now), but I could not see myself spending that amount of money on a bow, but I keep getting these requests. I will say the bows are BEAUTIFUL though, but the price thing bothers me and there really is no way to do it cheaper......

I do sew them with a machine....the emblishments are hand sewn

ah I understand now. personally I think its ridiculous for gyms to ask for $85 for a bow!!! I normally pay £10 for a bow with a little bling on! I thinkl sometimes you need to say when enough is enough. I think hot fix bows look gorgeuos and there is no need for the extra expense

I have been seeing more and more of those types of bows, they're usually about $30 - $50 with a print and a scattering of swarovski rhinestones. Price goes up with more rhinestones. Seems to be the new trend (though I'm not sure if they can be used for comp bows since some are over 3"?) Maybe you should try offering both and see if they sell? People will pay for a good quality product.

I have been seeing more and more of those types of bows, they're usually about $30 - $50 with a print and a scattering of swarovski rhinestones. Price goes up with more rhinestones. Seems to be the new trend (though I'm not sure if they can be used for comp bows since some are over 3"?) Maybe you should try offering both and see if they sell? People will pay for a good quality product.
Thanks, that was why I got the order, the ones the saw were much bigger, so I made them in the regular 3" and the came out great. More and more people are requesting them. I am asking, because I would have to hire another person to do some other work and I will do these myself

If you want me to pay 85 a bow it needs to be for a great cause, wonderful charity. There are too many great ones out there for less than half that cost.

Oh.. We do have one. Got it from Vegas Bows on Etsy. It is beautiful and sits perfectly. It was $35 so a special treat but I wouldn't pay much more for it.

Those bows of London bows are beautiful too but the process of getting them seems ridiculous and I think Vegas Bows are just as good.

Honestly with rare exception Droplet just wears plain ribbon bows that are easy to match with whatever outfit she's wearing that day.

This is the first I'm ever hearing of an all fabric bow! Guess I live under a rock! My question is why? Why would I want to buy a fabric based bow instead of a ribbon based bow? Does the bow last longer? I'm just trying to figure out why?

I personally would never pay that much for a bow. I don't care how gorgeous it is. I imagine though that if you offer it someone will purchase, so from a business point why not.

Back