Bra Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

:eek:I think I know which National Geograpic picture you are talking about. It scarred me when I was about 12. My next comment is about to be graphic. So don't read if you have just eaten. I assisted a large breasted elderly woman with her care once. She bent over (in a night gown). There was something showing under her gown by her feet. It was her boobs stretched that low. Dang it people...wear support. That is nothing you want to see on yourself! I still get the shivers when I think about it. :confused: I could not believe the human body could fall apart that bad.:eek:

I don't know what it was in that but that has made me decide to get a sports bra!!!

I wear a teens wireless tshirt bra under a sportsbra/crop. My puppies are too little to fit a proper sportsbra and need more support than just a crop alone -I only really fit into kids' size crops, they have nooooo support whatsoever :(

I imagine wearing a pushup bra would make you really hot and sweaty through summer though...

Okay so i know im posting like crazy on here but I have another question for u guys...everyone has been soo helpful on stuff in the boards!

So what is the best bra to wear when cheering? Sports bra or a regular bra, like victorias secret or any traditional type. The other day wearing our uniforms for our first game i wore a normal style bra under the shell. Since we were not wearing a bodyliner i figured it would give me a little more support. I was fine, no straps showing and completely comfortable, but all the other girls on my squad were killing me about it, saying I should have worn a sports bra.....whats the big deal? is it really that much different? what do all you girls think?
I will be getting my daughters better bras after this discussion maybe the VS sports bras

hope people find this post to respond...CP just got her uniform tonight and it has a cut out - smack in the middle back of the uniform. any standard sports or regular bra back will show through the cut out. what are girls doing for this kind of a cut out. She has a competition tomorrow so likely will go braless (for now she can get away with this) but we need something for the long run. any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks.

I agree about the necessity of always wearing sports bras while cheering and tumbling no matter what size you are. My CP is only an A and she wears sports bras more than she wears VS bras, but then again she has cheer practice 4 days a week. She is rather fearful of the National Geographic images, so she does take the preventative approach and always wears a sports bra. If she must wear a regular bra due to the uniform style, she doubles up on bras for extra support.

hope people find this post to respond...CP just got her uniform tonight and it has a cut out - smack in the middle back of the uniform. any standard sports or regular bra back will show through the cut out. what are girls doing for this kind of a cut out. She has a competition tomorrow so likely will go braless (for now she can get away with this) but we need something for the long run. any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks.
Can she wear a strapless bra? Otherwise what about a bra with clear straps that you can get at dance shops/catalogs-will that possibly work? If you're concerned about support with these sort of bras maybe double up on them-I'm not sure how old your CP is or how much support she needs at this point.

What I do is I sometimes wear a normal bra (wire-free) with my sports bra over the top. The normal bra gives shape and lift while the sports bra gives the extra needed support.
My favorite sports bras are tri-action by triumph. They are a little pricey but I feel that it's really worth it. It is saving my breasts from heaps of irriverasble damage after all. Besides they come in fun colors and patterns such as basic white and black; to hot pinks, rainbow patterns on black, blues, stripes, etc.

thanks for the suggestions. We ended up getting one at VS (no underwire) - very low back strap and used the plastic device to pull the shoulder straps under her uniform. She said it was very comfortable and did not bother her when tumbling. someone on another post suggested Kohls so may look there as well as it may not be as pricey as VS. would rather her where a sports bra as others have suggested and she will during practice - so I guess ok to alter for comps with uniform.

I've cheered for years in all starts, high school and in college and I always had to wear one. I now coach and we make our girls wear sports bras and we include them in the pricing for all their clothes that they buy. Its even more important to make sure you get a good sports bra that has enough support and fits properly. They absolutely hate it but it is for their benefit. And I have even had to bench girls for wearing crazy prints or neon colored bras that can be seen through shells.

Our new unis are just like that this year. Thankfully, one of our practice wear bras is a halter sports bra that can be worn under the uni. I'm making Little double up, with a strapless bra and the sports bra under the compression uni. Not taking chances.
I would try to find a supportive convertible bra, that your cp can wear - sports-bra would be best, but if you can't find it, double two regular convertible bras in a halter-style (obviously, underwire-free, and one slightly smaller than the other.)

Back