All-Star Cali Aces Jamz Incident

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Then who's responsibility is it to stop the music?
I didn't say it wasn't their responsibility. But personally, I would be kind of upset if I had injured girls stumbling off of the floor, and saw my coaches standing at the music table. Don't get me wrong, I agree that the music should have been stopped right after the collision, but in reality, the coaches were worried about the athletes and not the music playing in the background.

I didn't say it wasn't their responsibility. But personally, I would be kind of upset if I had injured girls stumbling off of the floor, and saw my coaches standing at the music table. Don't get me wrong, I agree that the music should have been stopped right after the collision, but in reality, the coaches were worried about the athletes and not the music playing in the background.

Where they worried about the athletes that were still going and more at risk because of people were injured?

Where they worried about the athletes that were still going and more at risk because of people were injured?
Seeing as I am not a coach for Cali Aces, I don't know.
My main point is, the concern should be getting help for the athletes. It shouldn't matter if the music is playing in the background or not. I have seen plenty of teams stop performing because of a coach running onto the floor for an injury, and the music kept playing.

Seeing as I am not a coach for Cali Aces, I don't know.
My main point is, the concern should be getting help for the athletes. It shouldn't matter if the music is playing in the background or not. I have seen plenty of teams stop performing because of a coach running onto the floor for an injury, and the music kept playing.

So you don't have a solution, just a reason they acted the way they did?

So you don't have a solution, just a reason they acted the way they did?
I didn't know I was required to have a solution...
I just don't think everyone should be so upset at the coaches. It's not like they sat there and watched it all happen. The second they collided, you can see coaches, medics, and parents start to run around and get more help.

Here's my issue with that logic for continuing the routine:
If you carry that logic to a larger competition that carries more weight in the year than a first competition like this one, you're scoring a team missing 2 athletes. If this exact incident occurred at Worlds and those involved used the logic "the injuries are off the floor," this team has to then compete their pyramid, baskets, stunts, etc., without 2 members, which I'm assuming would effect their score.
Secondly, when did this whole "the injuries are off the floor" logic begin? Seems like a way to cover your behinds, because I have seen routines stopped at almost every major competition whether the athlete has left the floor or not, and there were plenty of instances where the athlete had left the floor before the music was stopped.
i always thought that if an injured person was carried off the floor the music would automatically be stopped :confused: i dont know if i read this anywhere or just assumed it but like you im surprised they let the routine continue when "the injuries were off the floor"

OK can someone please PM me the details of exactly what happened at JMAZ with Aces & Cali. If there is a thread on the details I can't find it.

On a side note the uni's are really cute and not to mention the one man..
i absolutely loved how supportive the coach was! just from watching you could tell he was trying to comfort the athletes by saying "its okay, relax". HOWEVER, this is exactly what i mean. every single person has a spot on the team that is important. if one person is removed mid routine, the routine cant continue the way it should, so why would the judges make them try to?! hardly fair in my opinion.

OK can someone please PM me the details of exactly what happened at JMAZ with Aces & Cali. If there is a thread on the details I can't find it.
The video of the injuries is in the OP. it's pretty much just a debate about what should have been done/what should be protocol.

Call me crazy, if I was a coach in that instance, whether I'd face a penalty or not, I'd hop on that floor and stop the routine myself.

Yea I mean trust me I wanted to get on that floor...but it's easier to sit back and analyze a situation, then actually be in the situation.

They ended up winning...woohoo not worth it though. I've known that girl for 8 years and it broke my heart

i absolutely loved how supportive the coach was! just from watching you could tell he was trying to comfort the athletes by saying "its okay, relax". HOWEVER, this is exactly what i mean. every single person has a spot on the team that is important. if one person is removed mid routine, the routine cant continue the way it should, so why would the judges make them try to?! hardly fair in my opinion.

Really thank you for this....it's the only hint I knew to do

Ok this should give you guys a good chuckle. I just spent a good 20 minutes searching for the Ace video with injuries at Jamz. Umm...silly me Cali Aces is the gym and team. Not two separate gyms.:oops:

Umm...Yeah I know it's because I am quick like that.:p

I didn't know I was required to have a solution...
I just don't think everyone should be so upset at the coaches. It's not like they sat there and watched it all happen. The second they collided, you can see coaches, medics, and parents start to run around and get more help.

In moments of crisis I think we all want to know who's responsibility is it to minimize the injuries. So i do believe it was the Cali Aces coaches who should have stopped the music BUT I don't believe they were ever trained to have to make that decision. We need to set in place protocols so that when a similar situation happens again (and at some point it will) we all know how to react.

Was it a Cheertech?
Of course. The only reason we got the points back was because it wasn't listed on their deduction sheet. It is this year though (not that we're attending any), but is only 3 points I think.

The other competition I had to stop music at, the EP was phenomenal. I happened to be standing at the music stand and physically hit stop as soon as I saw the injury, while the other coaches jumped onto the stage. I knew it was bad, and knew she was not going to able to continue. The EP had EMT's right there, got her off the stage and got her to the hospital. We were given time to rework and hit the mat in the next convenient opening.

Back