All-Star Cali Aces Jamz Incident

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I may... and I do see your points and respect them and agree with them in some ways... but it's not so much that they will simply "not catch".. I think it's more that they may catch unsafely, or the flyer who is executing the toss in the air may freak out (so say, it was level 6 and they did tuck baskets) and stop pulling in the inverted position and come down in an unsafe position... or say a kick double and because the music stops the flyer hears the music stop and freaks out and comes down loose, arms flailing, etc. Competition is nothing like practice. When you're on that stage, everything is such a rush, between the adrenaline, lights, loud music, the crowds, that you just don't think like you do while you're practicing. In practice you almost expect to hear the music stop at least twice during practice so coaches can make corrections. You don't expect it or listen for it during comps... it's instant confusion because most athletes don't expect to have injuries on the floor. It's always, "we got this, nothing will go wrong." mainly because we're trained to think and prepare ourselves like that. It's a completely different feeling when you're on the mats at the gym and on the mats on stage. I'm not saying that cutting music off at an unsafe time in practice is okay and that it couldn't cause injury then... I'm just pointing that out from an athletes perspective. Just my opinion.
Agreed. You are absolutely correct. And I like Kingston's idea of a 3 second fade. However, it usually takes some time for regulations to be put in place and until such a time, it is better to stop than not stop.

Agreed. You are absolutely correct. And I like Kingston's idea of a 3 second fade. However, it usually takes some time for regulations to be put in place and until such a time, it is better to stop than not stop.
I am hoping that in light of recent events that these new regulations will be acted on immediately and enforced rather quickly.

If someone is injured and you must compete the whole routine again You are also less likely to put in riskyskills. Would end up making things safer And you would never have a coach put in the position of continuing the routine for the sake of winning.

Also meaning not having to perform a part again means a team can compete, fake an injury halfway trough with a non essential person, then do the second half later fresh.

I get that, I just have never heard of that being required. I have always heard that the team has the option of going full out or marking the routine up to the point where the injury occurred.

I get that, I just have never heard of that being required. I have always heard that the team has the option of going full out or marking the routine up to the point where the injury occurred.

Someone requires it. I forget who.

For the girl who had to be taken off by the jamz instructors who looked like she collapsed in the back, what happened to her? Did she faint? Could she not walk because she was the one who tore her ACL? Was she one of the ones who collided?
the one that tore her acl was the one that was on the side of the mat and that other girl fainted she was in the back of the mat

I think the full out rule is because of the unfair advantage the team might have because the athletes wouldn't be as winded as they normally are when they go full out. If that makes sense?

You perform the routine until the injury point so you have the same level of fatigue at that point as you would normally have. Does that make sense? Say you have a difficult stunt at the end, if you came out fresh and ran around, marked some tumbling, jumps and stunts and then got to that point you aren't as fatigued as you would normally be. It could lead to an advantage if you were completely fresh and heading into the most difficult part of your routine. I definitely think you should be allowed to mark stunts the injured person was directly involved in while performing the beginning again. But I agree with making people perform full out to that point.

You perform the routine until the injury point so you have the same level of fatigue at that point as you would normally have. Does that make sense? Say you have a difficult stunt at the end, if you came out fresh and ran around, marked some tumbling, jumps and stunts and then got to that point you aren't as fatigued as you would normally be. It could lead to an advantage if you were completely fresh and heading into the most difficult part of your routine. I definitely think you should be allowed to mark stunts the injured person was directly involved in while performing the beginning again. But I agree with making people perform full out to that point.
I agree 100%.

i know what you mean, but i could easily tear my ACL getting out of bed in the morning and trip over my own 2 feet and fall and crack my head open. i'm not discrediting these girls, i praised them earlier in the thread... but injury does not equate athlete. and bragging about how these injuries makes cheerleading a sport is insane. injuries show how we need stronger industry-wide standards in place for safety.

personally, i feel that the more common these injuries occur, the more usasf will take away and prohibit. for example, if every time someone would do a double down, they would fall and get injured, they might prohibit double downs. not saying that happens. but as an example. also, lets say if someone did a back handspring, they tore a ligament in their arm, and it happens alot, usasf might prohibit backhandsprings. you know? granted, i don't know every single rule of usasf.

For everyone complaining that the music wasn't stopped.. The coaches were frantically running around trying to get help for the athletes. I wouldn't have taken time and stopped at the music desk to tell them to stop either...

For everyone complaining that the music wasn't stopped.. The coaches were frantically running around trying to get help for the athletes. I wouldn't have taken time and stopped at the music desk to tell them to stop either...

Then who's responsibility is it to stop the music?

Back