All-Star Cali Ghost Recon Lost Their Paid Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I want to speak to this as the former "checkbook" behind my retired cheerleader. The folks I see getting "punished" are those who pay ... the parents and in some cases the cheerleaders themselves. We certainly can't expect that they had any idea of this new rule or could speak to enforcing it. Now I don't know... perhaps Cali is reimbursing the parents/kids for the money they put out to go to this competition and get that bid and/or the money they now don't have to help towards the cost of worlds. But, if they aren't, how is "Cali" being "punished"? (And, I am putting punished in quotes because I don't think "punishment" is what is required here. This appears to be a case of not knowing as opposed to wanton disregard. However... from a financial standpoint... the parents/kids who pay are being "punished" indirectly)

I want to speak to this as the former "checkbook" behind my retired cheerleader. The folks I see getting "punished" are those who pay ... the parents and in some cases the cheerleaders themselves. We certainly can't expect that they had any idea of this new rule or could speak to enforcing it. Now I don't know... perhaps Cali is reimbursing the parents/kids for the money they put out to go to this competition and get that bid and/or the money they now don't have to help towards the cost of worlds. But, if they aren't, how is "Cali" being "punished"? (And, I am putting punished in quotes because I don't think "punishment" is what is required here. This appears to be a case of not knowing as opposed to wanton disregard. However... from a financial standpoint... the parents/kids who pay are being "punished" indirectly)

Exactly and the gym knows the parents will pay to go to worlds. The families are the only ones being "punished". I may forget how it works, but money aside (I know that the money is big), in the international divisions what advantage does a paid have? Do they miss a prelim portion of the competition like they do in the small senior divisions for example where you can be one and done on Friday or Saturday? Do they get better position in the random draw for performance order - going later because of a paid - like they do in larger divisions? Gee one year out for my daughter after all star retirement and I have forgot everything.

Exactly and the gym knows the parents will pay to go to worlds. The families are the only ones being "punished". I may forget how it works, but money aside (I know that the money is big), in the international divisions what advantage does a paid have? Do they miss a prelim portion of the competition like they do in the small senior divisions for example where you can be one and done on Friday or Saturday? Do they get better position in the random draw for performance order - going later because of a paid - like they do in larger divisions? Gee one year out for my daughter after all star retirement and I have forgot everything.
No prelim round, but the paid bids go after the at-large bids in US Trials (or Canadian trials in the divisions that have that as well).

@purplecheer how is this gossip. I am only stating that 2 people ON THIS THREAD have said they accepted the bid. That is true. read the previous posts. 2 people did indeed state that. Had I said they accepted the bid without any first hand knowledge of that, then it would be gossip. I didn't. Perhaps you would better served giving those making the claims gossip ratings??
chill. I fixed it. I always use FB from my phone so I probably make a lot of negatives on accident.

I think we should recognize that this a "punishment" because most of the money lost was due to travel expenses. If this was Gym A from next door, it would not have cost them nearly as much. So it's an unintended punishment because of Cali's location... It's true that they don't have the paid bid either, but they didn't have that money in their pockets to begin with.

Yes. My cp has learned this. She had the audacity to tell me that once. It was a long, phone-less weekend for my sweet darling child.
Same goes with the "u mad bro" when you are upset. I turn into Hulk every time.

I still think there is some aspects of this situation that will never be brought to light. That being said, the ONLY people who were punished in this situation were the athletes on GR and the parents who paid for a competition and supposed expert knowledge from the coaches. Now, if Cali is reimbursing these parents for either their travel expenses or the paid bid, then this would be a moot point as Cali is making their athletes/clients whole again. Isn't this what a "business" does for their customers LOL? Makes you wonder if their "errors and omissions" insurance would pay for this...LOL again. What I have not seen mentioned is that a WHOLE TEAM of athletes on GR are basically sacrificing their paid bid for 2-3 athletes on Black Ops. And yes, I know that the Black Ops athletes were helping out GR, but it still is what it is. As a parent, I would be REALLY upset that I invested close to $1000 for a comp to win $650 and found out that my "experts" did not even know the rules. On another note, I realize that everyone isn't as plugged in on the rules changes this year, but I, and a TON of the parents I know, read this rule back in the fall and KNEW this would play into the season. It is hard for me to swallow that coaches wouldn't. Sorry, but ignorance of the law (rules) is no excuse.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

There's a rule this year that you can't crossover to another team to help them get a paid bid and then go back to your original team. The last team you get a paid bid with is the one you have to compete with at worlds.

You're also only able to replace so many athletes from when you got the bid to worlds.

Did Ghost Recon decline their bid after realizing a bunch of Black Ops athletes wouldn't be able to compete with BLOPS anymore?
That rule sounds very reasonable.

So say if 2 teams from the same gym got a paid bid at the same competition and they had a cross over, which team would that athlete have to compete on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back