All-Star Cali Ghost Recon Lost Their Paid Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

was cali not aware of this rule when they put these kids on ghost recon?

i think its weird that a big program like cali would not know about this rule.

Unfortunate situation for this team and the coaches/management who either ignored/missed this rule change somehow or thought they found a loophole... but overall this is one of my favorite new rules. It makes me happy.
Looks good on paper, doesn't it?

Looks good on paper, doesn't it?

I think some tweaks need to be made for it to work as well "in-practice" as it does on paper... but I still love it. I've advocated for this type of rule for years.

In this situation, I could kind of see them deciding the rule doesn't apply to international teams based on the team size explanation. I think that'd be a copout and they should have had their ducks in a row beforehand if that was their reasoning. Ignorance is not a valid reason and I am not happy about the "loophole" of passing on the bid to the next eligible team to get them out of facing the disciplinary action. I don't want to see any team penalized like that, especially this late in the season, but rules are rules. Either enforce the rule, or add another clause stating that declining the bid would null and void this rule and the athletes are no longer bound to the second team.

If this was Billy Bob's Allstars would they get away with it? or would USASF make an example out of them? IDK. maybe.

I think some tweaks need to be made for it to work as well "in-practice" as it does on paper... but I still love it. I've advocated for this type of rule for years.

In this situation, I could kind of see them deciding the rule doesn't apply to international teams based on the team size explanation. I think that'd be a copout and they should have had their ducks in a row beforehand if that was their reasoning. Ignorance is not a valid reason and I am not happy about the "loophole" of passing on the bid to the next eligible team to get them out of facing the disciplinary action. I don't want to see any team penalized like that, especially this late in the season, but rules are rules. Either enforce the rule, or add another clause stating that declining the bid would null and void this rule and the athletes are no longer bound to the second team.

If this was Billy Bob's Allstars would they get away with it? or would USASF make an example out of them? IDK. maybe.

There's another part of the worlds packet that has information about replacements at worlds and it lists it as

Small: X
Medium (and International): Y
Large: Z

So International probably follows the medium rules. Should have been more explicit.

And why can you help a team get a Paid bid and then compete with your AL team?

If this is the case (and from what little I have heard it is but I have no verification), unless I am reading it wrong, per the rules the Black Ops athletes would have to stay on Recon. It clearly states once the bid is awarded. It doesn't state that you can just say "ehhh we will just give the bid back":

ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY LIMITS: EARNING MULTIPLE PAID BIDS
Athletes within the same program are limited to the number of teams on which they are eligible to compete and earn paid or partial-paid bids. Once an athlete has competed for a team and earned a paid or partial-paid bid, the athlete is permitted to move to another team within his or her program. If the athlete's second team earns a paid or partial-paid bid, they are bound to the second team and may only compete with the second team at Worlds. The athlete is no longer eligible to compete with the first team once the second team is awarded a paid or partial-paid bid.

The number of athletes that have already earned a paid bid that are eligible to compete for and be awarded a paid or partial-paid bid on a second team is limited:

• a small team may have up to 3 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a medium team may have up to 4 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a large team may have up to 5 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
Roster Violations Any team or program found to be in violation of rostering guidelines at Bid Qualifying events and/or The Cheerleading World Championship is subject to disciplinary action that may include, but is not limited to, disqualification, fines, denied participation in future events and/or membership revocation.
I just want to clarify if I understand this correctly.,

Any team competing for ( and being awarded) a partial paid or paid bid has limits as to how many can have earned a paid/partial paid with another team within the same program.

But all athletes who are awarded a second paid bid are bound to their second team and cannot go to world's on their original paid bid?

I just want to clarify if I understand this correctly.,

Any team competing for ( and being awarded) a partial paid or paid bid has limits as to how many can have earned a paid/partial paid with another team within the same program.

But all athletes who are awarded a second paid bid are bound to their second team and cannot go to world's on their original paid bid?

Yes

It'll be interesting to see if they face any disciplinary action for this and if they do, what punishment, USASF felt fit the crime.

I love debating rules with you because you know them so well, so I'm taking the gym in question out of it and just focusing on the written rule. I agree with you if the gym declined the bid at the competition - however the gym should have just notified the EP that they were not competing for a paid bid to make it clear they were competing within the rules.
The rule states if the team EARNED a bid, which this team did. It states nothing about if they decline it after they have earned it. To me, if you have received a paid bid and accepted it at the competition you should be bound by the rules.
And I agree completely that International teams are an afterthought always.

As Coaches/Owners, when you go to the registration table the morning of a competition where Bids of some-sort are being offered, you have to circle, per team, which type of bid they will be accepting. While I don't know what competition company this was that they received the bid from. I've been to some rinky-dink competitions this season where I've even had to circle an option. I'm not saying they knew what they were doing, I just find it hard to see how this was over-looked. I know how hectic being a coach can be, ESPECIALLY on early competition mornings so I don't want anyone to think I, in any way, is hating on Cali. I have nothing but the utmost respect for them as a program. (forreal, Cali Coed, i'm gonna need 2016 to be your year!)

I read over this a few times and cannot stop thinking that. you. pay. people. to. know. the. rules. and. keep. track. of this.

No excuse for folks not knowing.

You REALLY think they didn't know the rules (not that that would be an excuse)? Let's call it what it is. They got caught and will face no repercussions. They are Cali.

Back