All-Star California All Stars Showcase 10/13/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would have noticed her spot simply because my eyes automatically go to her during a routine. The child shines on that mat, and there's nothing wrong with the coaches showcasing her. If she didn't fly, would you even notice then? Maybe, maybe not---but she has more than earned her center position.

I'm sure when I did dance I stuck out, because I was a good head shorter than everyone else. I'm sure people's eyes got drawn to me..not necessarily because I was talented (I was ok lol) but because visually I was an abnormality. The human brain likes uniformity..

i only have one problem with cheer live
i won a shirt last year. i gave them my address and they never told me it was shipped. AND I NEVER GOT IT!!! so i never participate in anyof their contests involving shirts cause i dont want to repeat last season.
anyways back to cali
Laney is a good cheerleader and deserves to be center, but not in the whole routine! theres tons of talent in that team. Laney isnt the only talented person on mafia so why put her center in the whole routine?!? And its a coed team so dont you think they should but the guy in the center for at least one part in the routine?
Mafia is a good team this season! they seem to get better every year!! I cant wait to see them werk the competition floor this season :)

i only have one problem with cheer live
i won a shirt last year. i gave them my address and they never told me it was shipped. AND I NEVER GOT IT!!! so i never participate in anyof their contests involving shirts cause i dont want to repeat last season.

tumblr_m838c7VYzk1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Well folks I believe we are going to have to agree to disagree. While I can see your viewpoint you will have to have children of your own and have a few more years under your belt before you will be able to see both sides to this. And even more so appreciate both sides. Never said you were right or wrong, never said that any child should or should not be point for the whole routine, just asked you to visit a different perspective. And for the record I am acquainted with the team involved and know for a fact that they are a wonderful group of cheerleaders with a fantastic coach. I was just trying to get you to see both sides of the argument, my bad.
I am a parent. I have two In this sport. It's not a rec league where everyone gets "playing time." especially at that level and from one of the top organizations in the nation. The ones who will score, the best in each category should be at the front. And if that's the same kid...more power to you.

And for the record....my kids live in the middle to the back. They'll probably never be point anything, and I'm fine with that because there are others who are better than they are, that will score better in the highlighted position, and right or wrong.....we want to win. So do my kids, which is why they don't have hard feelings if someone that's better than they are gets out in front. Because the bottom line is this is about how the team finishes...not the individual kid.

When I saw worlds on ESPN in 2012 the announcer had said Caitlyn Krulee was one of the "best in the business" and I can guarantee that will be Laney someday she is so young and already one of the best ! May I ask what happened to her arm ?
Elbow injury. Cast is off now.

Back