All-Star California All Stars Showcase 10/13/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Love Elite's stunts. Hard to visualize what the routines will look like with the dark video and tumbling not going fullout but I think all three teams look great so far!

looks like double ups will be a trend this season. wow
Those were not double ups, the middle 3 clearly facing the side(flers upper torso facing "forward" and making it 1 3/4s around. It's a great effort, and I see where they are trying to push difficulty. But not close to a double up! I remember them being way more prepared by this time last season. I wish they would have done way more than a walk-through. But the routine is strong.

I have to admit, Im bummed about paying and not see full out routines, had I known I wouldnt have purchased, even with the others that will be shown

On jr mafia the girl with the cast on is point for literally everything! No hate whatsoever just a pet peeve when I see the same girl highlighted for everything especially on such a talented team like that. :)

That's Laney. And if she is talented forever everything. than why not? I'm sure coaches don't say oh you're point for stunts so you won't be last pass .

That's Laney. And if she is talented forever everything. than why not? I'm sure coaches don't say oh you're point for stunts so you won't be last pass .
Not to disrespect anyone's talent, because there is no question of the talent here, but this is after all a team sport and when only one child is highlighted it has the possibility of creating hard feelings. And it really doesn't matter the team level or the talent of anyone involved. This is simply coming from the viewpoint of a parent.

On jr mafia the girl with the cast on is point for literally everything! No hate whatsoever just a pet peeve when I see the same girl highlighted for everything especially on such a talented team like that. :)
I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that has seen Laney's videos why she is point for the main stunt and last pass. She has to be point in the opening because what she is doing looks to be different than the others and for things like jumps and dance, knowing the way things work at CA, it has a lot more to do with making a transition work as well as making the formation look right with Laney being so much smaller than most of the other kids.

Not to disrespect anyone's talent, because there is no question of the talent here, but this is after all a team sport and when only one child is highlighted it has the possibility of creating hard feelings. And it really doesn't matter the team level or the talent of anyone involved. This is simply coming from the viewpoint of a parent.

Coaches make routines and they're looking who is best and what is the best for the team. Probably they don't care what will parents say. At least this is what I do when I am making routines for a team.

I do understand the points made and agree that when all is said and done it is up to the coaches. I am just saying that I have seen situations where hard feelings have developed. I guess that makes me appreciate the coach we have who feels everyone should get their moment in the sun, no matter how small or large that moment is. I also would like to add that I didn't say it was right or wrong, I just said that you are dealing with 20-32 kids, try not to make 19-31 of them feel unworthy, that's all.

Back