All-Star California Allstars Expanding?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Really people think Cali doesn't "breed" their own athlete?!?!? Have you seen their junior teams?!? J4, JUNIOR MAFIA... Do talented kids leave other programs to go to CA, of course but its what's done with that talent that keeps attracting more and more. They have a formula that works, a competitive advantage, and they work their butts off putting together winning routines, training these kids and perfecting skills. Nothing is handed to them, nor does it come easy...it's hard work keeping your customers happy, especially when you're held to such high standards. Anyways, good luck Cali! Hope you have amazing tiny, mini and junior 1 & 2 teams in Ontario! And by the way, loved your Sr 1 & 2teams at NCA <3
Well Mafia's star athlete laney came from a different gym as well did a number of other kids on the team.

What's your definition of 'breed'? At what point in an athlete's career have you worked with them enough to use that term? I'm actually curious. People use it all the time, but I'm not sure if it's used the same across the board.

What's your definition of 'breed'? At what point in an athlete's career have you worked with them enough to use that term? I'm actually curious. People use it all the time, but I'm not sure if it's used the same across the board.
I would say one who has come up the ranks. Started at the lower levels and worked their way up.

On Elite the last 2 years their have been 4 members on that team from Magic/PCM. - Amanda Graceffa learned and grew up at Magic All Stars she wasn't a Cali "Bred" athlete. Elite had 2 girls from cheerforce on the team last year. 1 is still on the team this year. On Junior Mafia Laney and Bianca came from Stealth... Flyer on Elite this year came from Fierce. A lot of their talent grew up apart of another gym and got their skills there then moved to Cali. Look at PCM Fantasy, there is only 2 girls on that team that haven't grown up in the magic PCM gym and the 2 that haven't came from west coast which PCM bought. The other 18 girls have been at that gym since they were little kids. That team has grown up together with most knowing each other since they were 7/8 years old. Same with Mysterious. I'm not saying what Cali does it wrong but when you see their teams competing just know a lot of those talented kids learned at another gym. Kudos to Cali for taking these kids thei obviously a powerhouse gym and that's why kids flock but its unfortunate to those gyms and coaches who teach these talented athletes all they know and next you see them on Cali.. Movin to Ontario they are just shutting down programs. I personally like having good competition to compete with but it seems to be less and less every year and its sad.

On Elite the last 2 years their have been 4 members on that team from Magic/PCM. - Amanda Graceffa learned and grew up at Magic All Stars she wasn't a Cali "Bred" athlete. Elite had 2 girls from cheerforce on the team last year. 1 is still on the team this year. On Junior Mafia Laney and Bianca came from Stealth... Flyer on Elite this year came from Fierce. A lot of their talent grew up apart of another gym and got their skills there then moved to Cali. Look at PCM Fantasy, there is only 2 girls on that team that haven't grown up in the magic PCM gym and the 2 that haven't came from west coast which PCM bought. The other 18 girls have been at that gym since they were little kids. That team has grown up together with most knowing each other since they were 7/8 years old. Same with Mysterious. I'm not saying what Cali does it wrong but when you see their teams competing just know a lot of those talented kids learned at another gym. Kudos to Cali for taking these kids thei obviously a powerhouse gym and that's why kids flock but its unfortunate to those gyms and coaches who teach these talented athletes all they know and next you see them on Cali.. Movin to Ontario they are just shutting down programs. I personally like having good competition to compete with but it seems to be less and less every year and its sad.
Adding Caitlyn K came from POWER, 2 girls that came from AZ Power..

Someone always makes the mc Donald's arguement, but there is no similarity. Your only commitment to McDonald's is the minute you are in line paying for your food, no one cares if the next time you go, it's to another location.

If you had to sign up with one and only go there for a year, they wouldn't want another one down the street

Ya their IOC5 team is actually at USA Nationals right now along with the rest of the program!:)
I am not sure where their IOC5 competed this year but the routine online at varsity is pretty good, they just look like they need a couple more weeks to get things together and they really don't have that time, but I like the choreo and proud of that team and program, with the loss of one of the owners I know the season has had to be trying and emotional.

I am not sure where their IOC5 competed this year but the routine online at varsity is pretty good, they just look like they need a couple more weeks to get things together and they really don't have that time, but I like the choreo and proud of that team and program, with the loss of one of the owners I know the season has had to be trying and emotional.
I completely agree! Their only other competition has been Cheersport in Stockton. One thing to keep in mind is that their IOC5 is a midseason team. They just recently formed. I'm looking forward to their next season now that they've went through what was probably their roughest season considering the loss of their owner.

I can't help but to compare all-star cheerleading's "business is business" discussion to McDonalds corporation. (Hear me out)

Right now, i'm reading a book about the growth of fast food in the United States. The book talks mainly about the growth of the McDonalds corporation and as we all know, McDonalds is one of the most recognizable organizations in the world. (Admit it: you can name at least 2 McDonalds locations less than 20 minutes away from where you are right now.)
In the beginning of the chapter, it talks about how McDonalds started. It started out as a classic burger joint. Just small business among other small businesses just trying to make a profit on good service and quality practices. There were dozens of other hamburger stands in Southern California to chose from, but to set their business apart from the others and appeal to more people, they started to franchise all over Southern California and eventually to other states around the country. Small burger joints were closing as fast as McDonalds were opening. In 1958, 18 years after the first restaurant was opened, 33 locations were added. Ten years later, McDonalds opened their 1,000th restaurant. Today, over 32,000 McDonalds are opened around the world. Today, it's extremely hard to find a small burger business here in Southern California. All you ever see are the big golden arches on each street corner.

How far is too far? How large is too large? Is more really better? How big will big gyms get until there are only 3 or 4 companies competing at a competition? Will it get to the point where you only compete against McDonalds All Stars at every competition? :enjoyshow:
"Taco bell was the only restaurant to survive the franchise wars, so now all restaurants are Taco Bell." - demolition man

Sorry, I live my life through movie quotes it seems and this was all I could think about when I read this post.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'd hardly say that the coaches they left taught them ALL they knew....as if Cali gets them and doesn't have to put in much work or retrain in some cases. Most kids that have gone there have had to push themselves to a whole other level. And again it goes to what you do with the talent. Laney and Bianca were on same team on Stealth and how did that go? But you're right it's sad there isn't much competition out there, but it's also sad when the quality of the competition isn't there. It's not just about numbers, most athletes I know would rather go up against 1 or 2 truly competitive teams than 5 or 6 teams that aren't. By the way if it was just about putting talent together then the Force merge would've gone a lot better.

Back