All-Star California Allstars Is Buying Az Power

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am assuming Cali provided talent from other locations to kickstart Vegas. If so, what type of numbers are we talking about? How many girls were needed to take Nevada Elite from where they were to a World's medal in just a year? Not knocking the reality. The results obviously speak for themselves. I guess I'm wondering what kind of immediate impact Cali coming to AZ will have without some sort of seeding from other gyms.

Is the current talent just a Cali coach away from the top 3? AZ Power had a new Cali coach all this season who brought his "Cali way" to the gym. And it hasn't been the most successful season this year. Now rumors have been floating around that there will not even be a worlds team next year. Other rumors insist there will be several. Kelly, herself, has advertised tryouts for an international team.

A little transparency would go a long way, but rumors here in AZ tend to run rampant. A lot of owners keeping everything close to the vest. I guess we will find out more at the parent meeting (held AFTER many of the local gyms have already had tryouts).

Not aware of any athletes they had to bring in to the either the Ontario or Las Vegas locations to make them successful. There is a lot of good talent in Scottsdale area and of course they will draw in talent from other local cheer gyms as well who are looking to move to a more rigorous and successful program. Its really not feasible to bring people in with those distances.

Even though they might have hired a Cali coach last year that doesn't mean they had the same training resources as the other Cali locations did this entire year. Practices starts next month, come November I really think this new CA location will have a great season.

Weren't there already kids commuting from Vegas or somewhere out that way? I don't remember where I heard it but I'm sure there has to be at least a couple. Would y'all still call it "bringing athletes in" if they're bringing them back home pretty much?

ETA: The posts I did read (didn't have time to read all of them) just sounded like bringing athletes in was a negative concept. My school in Massachusetts had a program where city kids could come to our school since it was a better district. Our sports were the best in the area and my school got a lot of shade for bringing in school choice kids. If their districts were to change and provide whatever it was lacking that made kids decide to commute in the first place, wouldn't it be a good thing for them to go back?

Last edited:
I am assuming Cali provided talent from other locations to kickstart Vegas. If so, what type of numbers are we talking about? How many girls were needed to take Nevada Elite from where they were to a World's medal in just a year? Not knocking the reality. The results obviously speak for themselves. I guess I'm wondering what kind of immediate impact Cali coming to AZ will have without some sort of seeding from other gyms.

Is the current talent just a Cali coach away from the top 3? AZ Power had a new Cali coach all this season who brought his "Cali way" to the gym. And it hasn't been the most successful season this year. Now rumors have been floating around that there will not even be a worlds team next year. Other rumors insist there will be several. Kelly, herself, has advertised tryouts for an international team.

A little transparency would go a long way, but rumors here in AZ tend to run rampant. A lot of owners keeping everything close to the vest. I guess we will find out more at the parent meeting (held AFTER many of the local gyms have already had tryouts).
Yes Power did have a coach who was trained the "Cali" way. I've watched the teams and compared to last year I think they have come far.

As far as what teams will be where according to Tannaz we will have to see at tryouts. Now personally we should be grateful that they chose to come here and maybe turn things around in our state.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cute Tee's

Well that was fast! LOL

Do you know if those girls are from AZ Power? I kept seeing AZ parents in Anaheim last weekend and wanted to say, hi, welcome to the family but of course I didn't know how they might feel about the switch so I zipped it. ;)

Well that was fast! LOL

Do you know if those girls are from AZ Power? I kept seeing AZ parents in Anaheim last weekend and wanted to say, hi, welcome to the family but of course I didn't know how they might feel about the switch so I zipped it. ;)

Kelly, the owner of AZ Power, posted photos on Instagram of AZ power and CA girls wearing each other's uniforms. I am assuming they are very excited!!

Well that was fast! LOL

I thought about that but, I didn't really see that many AZ Power parents. We were competing in a lot of the same categories. I did notice a lot of AZ Power athletes in the VIP area watching our teams perform. And there were lots of sideways glances whenever we encountered AZ Power. I think it was just curiosity. A new found interest since now they'll be blue and black. It didn't matter to me, I cheered on AZ Power as if they already wore blue and black.

This past weekend did you see the AZ Power athletes wearing a blue shirt that had a reference to CALI and also an AZ on the front? I couldn't clearly see what it said without being rude.

I thought about that but, I didn't really see that many AZ Power parents. We were competing in a lot of the same categories. I did notice a lot of AZ Power athletes in the VIP area watching our teams perform. And there were lots of sideways glances whenever we encountered AZ Power. I think it was just curiosity. A new found interest since now they'll be blue and black. It didn't matter to me, I cheered on AZ Power as if they already wore blue and black.

This past weekend did you see the AZ Power athletes wearing a blue shirt that had a reference to CALI and also an AZ on the front? I couldn't clearly see what it said without being rude.

I didn't see those. If they're the same as the pic above someone posted, they're cute. Glad to see they're happy about becoming California Allstars. :)

I didn't see those. If they're the same as the pic above someone posted, they're cute. Glad to see they're happy about becoming California Allstars. :)
They may have been the same but I thought the shirts had something more written on the front of the shirt. But, then again I could be delusional. It was a long weekend after all. Nonetheless, welcome to our ever expanding family AZ Power. Can't wait to meet the rest of the family this upcoming year. Tannaz and Jeff are like the Old Woman in the Shoe. They are getting so many children. Except, unlike the Old Woman they know what to do.

They wore them the weekend before over their uniforms at Cheersport in Arizona to announce California Allstars bought Power.

They wore them the weekend before over their uniforms at Cheersport in Arizona to announce California Allstars bought Power.
That's cool. Hopefully that's a sign that they're looking forward to life as a bullet. I hope that distance doesn't preclude those of us at the other CALI gyms from having the opportunity to meet and show our support for our newest family members.

2q3c0h3.jpg

Cali AZ will have a worlds team...sparkle :)
ps: if you have a gym somewhere, at least spell it right "Las Legas" :rolleyes:

So all are the Envy girls going to go international and be on Sparkle? Or will Sparkle still be international? Hmmm

Back