All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cat threads are so much more fun.
tumblr_mdinmvhnrS1rgprzoo3_250.gif
tumblr_mdinmvhnrS1rgprzoo7_250.gif
tumblr_mdev52CWup1ru4nygo2_500.gif

If you'd like some humor to go with your sadness, go to Amazon and google 'binder'. Read the comments for ANY of them (hopefully they're still there). Because they're kinda hilarious..

That was a great way to kill an hour at work. Some of those were hilarious!

I dont mind it actually...Im just going to play devil's advocate (no pun intended...no really lol) and say that the opening lift reminds me of an upside down cross...if you know religion you know what that means lol...but this is just a #IMJUSTSAYING b/c I do like different...but from one choreographer to another....just think about it lol

Yeah, the Cross of St. Peter. Cross of St. Peter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't see a problem with it. the routine is great and i think the "Jesus loves winners" V/o is funny. the coreography and music are creative. If you don't like the routine, don't watch it. all that matters is if the kids love the routine and that they're having fun, and it looks like they are.

i don't see a problem with it. the routine is great and i think the "Jesus loves winners" V/o is funny. the coreography and music are creative. If you don't like the routine, don't watch it. all that matters is if the kids love the routine and that they're having fun, and it looks like they are.

Some people have to watch including judges and parents. I'm not even personally offended by the routine, I just think it's unnecessary. As many have shared, a gospel/religious theme can be done much more subtly and tastefully. Literal interpretations of crucifixion is a bit much for a cheerleading routine, IMO.

Still love Cali but glad they're done with that theme.

I talked with Kyle Blitch last night and he told me they're editing the music before releasing it... I asked if they were editing because of the negative feedback on the religious tone of the mix and he said, "well we weren't sure how it was gonna be taken. I definitely don't wana offend anyone so we will see" so I wouldn't be surprised if the routine is changed drastically...

I talked with Kyle Blitch last night and he told me they're editing the music before releasing it... I asked if they were editing because of the negative feedback on the religious tone of the mix and he said, "well we weren't sure how it was gonna be taken. I definitely don't wana offend anyone so we will see" so I wouldn't be surprised if the routine is changed drastically...
I hope not drastically as it's a great routine, just little tidbits here and there that people may find offensive.

As for the "it doesn't matter if the kids love it", well yes, it sort of does.. especially when it comes to a topic as touchy and controversial as religion. You never know if you're going to have to perform in front of judge that turns out to be a very religious person.

On the the other hand, I applaud Cali for going out there and taking the risk and testing the waters for how far they really can go with this theme.

I hope not drastically as it's a great routine, just little tidbits here and there that people may find offensive.
On the the other hand, I applaud Cali for going out there and taking the risk and testing the waters for how far they really can go with this theme.
OOPS! I meant the *music* might be changed drastically... But yes, aside from the religious imagery, the routine is pretty amazing!

Back