All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"And on the 3rd day God made Cali....Thank you Jesus"

Chilllle..... They can keep it. Keep it all. I want no parts.

Maybe its the Southern in me but no... I would not want to be affiliated with any of that...

The choreo is good and has potential... the music and theme as it is executed, and imagery they elected to create......poor taste.

And I generally don't get up in arms over religion. but this.. no....

Dawson_says_no_gif.gif

They are not very religious. There motto was faith over fear I believe last year and the owner is christian, but that dosent mean they are very religious. I personally dont mind the religious theme, I was just taken back on the voiceovers especially the part saying Cali-freckin- jesus. It just made me feel a little uncomfortable when I heard it.
The music does not say Cali-Freaking-Jesus. I can definitely understand where everyone is coming from, and I definitely didn't want to offend anyone. I was just following the theme that was given to me.

The music does not say Cali-Freaking-Jesus. I can definitely understand where everyone is coming from, and I definitely didn't want to offend anyone. I was just following the theme that was given to me.

And I think you did a great job! It really doesn't need to be taken as seriously as everyone is making it out to be, its just a theme to go with the team name... And I personally like Soul5 better than BB's.

Exactly they came up with the theme, you did you job that's what you were hired to do, so hopefully you realize non of these comments are aimed at you. Sorry if it feels that way.. job well done!

Exactly they came up with the theme, you did you job that's what you were hired to do, so hopefully you realize non of these comments are aimed at you. Sorry if it feels that way.. job well done!
Thank you :) and I love working for California Allstars, they are awesome people. I'm sure everything will be fixed so that it doesn't come off as controversial.

I dont think their music will be coming out after all this
probably not lol. We were still tweaking random things in it anyway for their next comp. So it will get released when it's all fixed :)

Follow me on Twitter for when it's released: @KyleBlitch

Everyone who is saying its not a big deal and need to calm down.. you guys need to open your eyes and realize that there are religious people on this board and they do find it offensive and they're entitled to their opinion.. if they find it offensive than fine if not then okay awesome.. not everyone is going to like this routine or dislike it...

I am a christian and I am offended which is MY personal opinion. Jesus died on the cross for us (Or at least me) and you mock it by having a girl upside down?! Cheer Dynasty Ex did the exact same theme years ago and it was executed to not cross (no pun intended) certain barriers . The cross and the girl being "praised" at the end (Which is technically a sin; thou shall not have other gods before me--And seeing her makes me thing of that movie 10 Commandments when the people of egypt praised the golden pig or some animal.DISCLAIMER I KNOW THAT CALI WAS NOT I REPEAT WAS NOT PUTTING A GIRL UP AS IF PRAISING A FALSE gOD! JUST MAKING MY POINT) It was just all done in poor taste.Minus some voice overs and and choreo I think the routine is fine.
Lawd knows I hope they don't have muslim judges at NCA.
ooooooooops!

(Cellz 2 LV)

Sometimes it's not about convincing people who is right or wrong, or telling them what they should or should not feel. Sometimes it is just about acknowledging they're hurt or the fact it made them uncomfortable. It is the difference between righteous behavior and respect for others. Just my opinion, don't hurt the catlady.

bth_respect.gif

Just to be clear, I wouldn't say Cali is a faith based organization but over the years they have transitioned to a more of a religious based program. There have been a few coaches who have walked in the door and made a huge impact on their faith development. Also just a fun fact I know the San Marcos gym began holding a bible study group in the gym for athletes parents and coaches about a year ago.

Back