All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, so me and a friend are looking at going to Camp Woodward in PA. We tumble, and we're on a cheer team, but if we go, we don't really want to go because of the typical "cheer" aspect, (dances, etc) we just want to tumble. We also are not sure whether there will be boys during the cheer week. Should we go during cheer week??

It is 99% tumbling... trust me, no one wants to see me dance lol

i'm going weeks 3,4,5 as a JC again :)
im in the brochure for the arts and crafts picture with the tye dye shirts!
i think every cheerleader deserves to experience woodward... it's seriously cheer heaven
they are raelly generous with scholarships! and if you JC, you only have to pay for one week, and get two weeks free
what does JC mean??

like if you're working there and you're under a certain age??

no JC's are junior counselors (16+) who work at camp but are also campers. they pay for 1 week & can go for however many other weeks they want bc they're working the jobs vary & all the JC's i've talked to said the jobs aren't bad at all & it's worth it so if you're 16 i'd look into it.

alright, do you HAVE to learn the dances and stuff? or can you just tumble?

it's like 95% tumbling because your group does work on a dance throughout the week but it's not cheer dancing its like hip hop with these pros that come it's just for fun & only a few 8 counts the girls that don't really like to dance or don't think their good just follow along & have fun with it since it's not used for anything it just helps you pick up stuff fast. also you work on jumps a little too by doing different stretches then actually jumping on the cheer floor & trampolines but the main focus is tumbling.

I went to lake owen in wisconsin! it's the midwest version of camp woodward. all of the camps seem like such great experiences with great people and i know i'm going to cherish the memories i made at lake owen! i'm going to try really hard to get to woodward one year because it seems like more cheerleaders go there where as lake owen is mostly gymnasts and skateboarders.

Did you learn a lot at lake owen?

Yes
ETA: CP went to the one out in California though... so I just assumed it was the case in California.

Our program out in California is still developing and attracting higher level coaches now than it did its first year out. Our camp in Pennsylvania houses our biggest cheer program where every week we have coaches that can spot everything from a back handspring to an arabian through to kick double and more! We also teach the kids about progressions, body strength and control. It's not just about having the coach spot their skills. We show them different ways to learn it themselves using our advanced techniques and equipment so they feel how to really do the trick themselves!

Just wondering what skill levels everyones going with?
Is it like mostly level 4 or over, or is there a full mix? Or more level 2/3?

Back