All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just wondering what skill levels everyones going with?
Is it like mostly level 4 or over, or is there a full mix? Or more level 2/3?

it's literally a mix of people with anything from a cartwheel to a double full within the same week it doesn't matter what skills you go with because you'll most likely come back with new ones & you're grouped with people at about the same level as you for classes. I went with level 2 skills last year going back almost level 5 this year.

it's literally a mix of people with anything from a cartwheel to a double full within the same week it doesn't matter what skills you go with because you'll most likely come back with new ones & you're grouped with people at about the same level as you for classes. I went with level 2 skills last year going back almost level 5 this year.
When you get to camp you go through a simple testing process and fill out a goal sheet. You are then placed in a group with kids your own age, with your same skill level who want to learn what you want to learn. We don't go by strictly level 1,2,3. You just tell us what you want to learn and we'll help you get there!

Thank you! Crossing my fingers!

I hope you get to go! Last year was my first year going and I had the best time. I went alone and met some girls from Rocket Elite in Easton, PA and we still text or skype every day! We're going week 4 this year. Good luck!!

My daughter is going to go for sure now. I just have to pay for it
redface.png
But she is reeeeeeally shy. She will be 9 when she goes and swears to me she'll be fine. I'm so worried she'll just be kind of alone all week since she's so shy! Is it the kind of atmosphere where she can't help but make friends even being so shy? She's not afraid of people--like when they talk to her she'll answer, she's just not a big conversation starter.

My friend and I just heard about this and we want to go sooooo bad! We already started talking to our parents! Is it to late to get registered?

Just-a-Mom, my daughter is going too (not sure which week yet) and she's just 11. It will be her first week away at a cheer camp like this, and she's not going with her team or anything, so I feel your pain! I have great confidence that all will be fine, everything I've heard about Woodward is positive.

Just-a-Mom, my daughter is going too (not sure which week yet) and she's just 11. It will be her first week away at a cheer camp like this, and she's not going with her team or anything, so I feel your pain! I have great confidence that all will be fine, everything I've heard about Woodward is positive.

Yes this will be her first week away from family ever. (She goes to see grandparents and can go overnight with a friend, but never for a WEEK before!) She's begging to go and says she'll be fine. We've talked about not knowing people and ways to meet new people, but she just says "Mommy...it's camp. It's all people doing the same things as me--and we're sharing a cabin!!! How can I not meet people???"
frown.png
Ugh...I'm sure I'll cry the whole week...

It's not like to old days when there was a line at the pay phone for the kids to call home when needed. Cell phones are great - but don't expect a call past the third day. The camp is very good at dealing with home sickness - the parents are far worse off than the campers (in my experience)!

I think it will be an awesome experience for my daughter-she will get to see and meet people from all over in cheer, and make friends that she may never meet otherwise. Not to mention, they can share stories about their teams, practices, competitions, and be supportive of each other in trying to master new skills. Not to mention, when else do they get a week of intensive training like that? I'm sure I'll be a hot mess while she's gone (she's my oldest).

Back