All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think Im going week 9 :) Anyone else?
Whats being a JC all about? Like what jobs do you have to do? Is there still any time to practice? Do you stay in the same place as when you were a camper? Any info would be great :)

Thankss
x

Yes this will be her first week away from family ever. (She goes to see grandparents and can go overnight with a friend, but never for a WEEK before!) She's begging to go and says she'll be fine. We've talked about not knowing people and ways to meet new people, but she just says "Mommy...it's camp. It's all people doing the same things as me--and we're sharing a cabin!!! How can I not meet people???" :( Ugh...I'm sure I'll cry the whole week...
We have great homesick directors, rec directors and counselors. We'll make sure she's having so much fun that she will be completely comfortable. They are allowed cell phones so she can call you whenever she wants and visa versa! We also do nightly mail calls and bring them letters, faxes, packages or anything you would like to send. If you're around camp at all that week you are more than welcome to sign in as a visitor, watch her workout, and see camp!

I think Im going week 9 :) Anyone else?
Whats being a JC all about? Like what jobs do you have to do? Is there still any time to practice? Do you stay in the same place as when you were a camper? Any info would be great :)

Thankss
x
JC's still get to do everything campers do. You're still in class with everyone else, stay in a cabin, and get to do all the activities! In the morning you'll simply have to get up earlier to open the gyms, and at night stay and help clean the gyms/get them ready for the next day before you head back to your cabin. On sundays you'll also help direct parents through registration etc. Check out JC duties here!

http://www.campwoodward.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=419&Itemid=457

How old do you have to be to be a JC? Also, what are the requirements? Do you have to go to the camp for a certain amount of summers?

I think it will be an awesome experience for my daughter-she will get to see and meet people from all over in cheer, and make friends that she may never meet otherwise. Not to mention, they can share stories about their teams, practices, competitions, and be supportive of each other in trying to master new skills. Not to mention, when else do they get a week of intensive training like that? I'm sure I'll be a hot mess while she's gone (she's my oldest).

That's what I loved SO much about Woodward. It was the best feeling to be able to spend an extensive amount of time living and training with so many people who share the same passion for cheerleading as you. Woodward was and still is one of the greatest experiences I've had.

I have an 11 year old going week 2. This will be her 3rd year going. Your kids will have a blast and will learn a lot of life lessons when they need to be responsible for not only their training, but chores and meals as well.

OK she's all signed up. she's going Week 7. Her old coach will be there that week with his new gym so she'll have some people she knows there after all!

Can someone who's been to Camp Woodward give me an idea of prices for the extra stuff like horseback riding or other activities that aren't included in camp costs? Also, for souvenirs from the camp store like shirts, etc? I'm trying to get an idea of how much money to put on my daughter's account.

Can someone who's been to Camp Woodward give me an idea of prices for the extra stuff like horseback riding or other activities that aren't included in camp costs? Also, for souvenirs from the camp store like shirts, etc? I'm trying to get an idea of how much money to put on my daughter's account.
@Woodward Cheer Camp is someone that works for the company, so I'm sure they'll be able to answer these questions. They seem to check the board every once and a while, so now they'll get a notification that I tagged them, and they'll hopefully help you!

Back