All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am pretty sure spots are still open and you can sign her up anytime. I saw Hailey's 2by2 and LOVED it she is ridicuously talented! I am older than her but still she is a role model. For some reason to me she is just one of those people you can tell right off the bat has good morals and a superb drive for success. :) Way to go @Level5Mom for helping her be the role model she is today :)

Aww thanks!!! That is so sweet of you to say :). We are reconsidering sending her in July.

Just an idea-my daughter wanted to go badly but there was no way we could afford to send her (especially since I was just off on maternity leave). She mailed out letters to about 20 friends/family explaining what cheer camp she was going to, why she wants to go, and letting people know we agreed to pay for 1/2 the camp if she could raise the other half. She also applied for a scholarship and got $100 that way. I think we only ended up having to come up with about $200 of the $895 between donations and the scholarship...and people didn't send big amounts of money-$20 here, $30 there from several different people-it adds up quickly!

can someone describe the classes? Like what you do/learn?
It's like a normal tumbling class. On your first day there they evaluate your running tumbling. You do your best tumbling (handspring, tuck, layout, full, double etc.) and they tell you what group you're in. Then on the first day of class you start at one of the stations in the gym. They have 2 spring floors, 2 trampolines, a tumble track, 2 rod floors, a huge pit, and then 2 other trampolines I believe. You rotate around from those things and do different things. Last year I was in the group for layouts and we worked fulls into the pit and worked on drills for whips and punch fronts. So level 4 things. Then at the end of the week we did relay races with other groups. Oh and you also learn a dance and perform that at the end of the week. They definitely work you. By the middle of the week I was so sore. So you may learn a lot or you may learn a little. It depends what you put into your week there and if you take advantage of the open gyms and what the tumbling instructors have to tell you. Hope this helps :)

Just an idea-my daughter wanted to go badly but there was no way we could afford to send her (especially since I was just off on maternity leave). She mailed out letters to about 20 friends/family explaining what cheer camp she was going to, why she wants to go, and letting people know we agreed to pay for 1/2 the camp if she could raise the other half. She also applied for a scholarship and got $100 that way. I think we only ended up having to come up with about $200 of the $895 between donations and the scholarship...and people didn't send big amounts of money-$20 here, $30 there from several different people-it adds up quickly!

CP saved too! She asked for monet for her birthday towards it and did some mothers helper work. Some family even helped her out with some extra and she also got some scholarship money:cloud9:. I traded her birthday party money in place of paying for the party. The balance then was minimal so I was able to help her out!

Back