All-Star Can Am - Myrtle Beach 3/19-2/20 , 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow. I didn't know that youth elite wasn't going. They went last year. @megsmom

Tagging you because I recall your daughter is on that team and we discussed summit winners and in another thread.

Wow. I didn't know that youth elite wasn't going. They went last year. @megsmom

Tagging you because I recall your daughter is on that team and we discussed summit winners and in another thread.

Yes- it was announced to the parents last night that YE will be attending The One instead of the Summit. Mainly due to crossover issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes- it was announced to the parents last night that YE will be attending The One instead of the Summit. Mainly due to crossover issues.

Was bummed out... My cp's team is the only contender for now and the twinkle will not be going as well...

I know dragon slayers (senior coed restricted) has a bid so if they win their division that excludes anyone else in that division from getting the bid (if I'm reading the bid declaration correctly and the EP follows it). Same with jr5 (Long Island cheer) and jr5 coed (all star legacy). Just depends if the teams with summit bids win their divisions at can am.
XCA. Fire Sm R5 coed does too. Wouldn't it pass on to the next highest of that level if the top team already has a bid?

Was bummed out... My cp's team is the only contender for now and the twinkle will not be going as well...

I was told part of the reason was also because Super 5 backed out and ECE was unsure about going.

All I can say is that CP is super upset. Took me 20 minutes to calm her down last night when i told her. Can't really say more than that.

Cea butterflies and twisters super 5

WOW! That's a shocker to me. I assumed all the Y5 teams would attend summit if they received a bid. I wonder why Super 5 isn't attending. They are the Cinderella Y5 team!! Such a great season

I was told part of the reason was also because Super 5 backed out and ECE was unsure about going.

All I can say is that CP is super upset. Took me 20 minutes to calm her down last night when i told her. Can't really say more than that.

So there will be no Y5 at the Summit?

XCA. Fire Sm R5 coed does too. Wouldn't it pass on to the next highest of that level if the top team already has a bid?

The bid declaration says you have to be a division winner to be eligible for bid within the level. So only winners will be considered for the bid. So if the winner already has a bid, it doesn't appear to matter what the score is for the second place team they aren't eligible -it will go to the next highest score winner. Now varsity can change it at any point I guess, but that's what it states online.

Sad for your cp... Im an ece mum and am all booked and ready to go...

Looks like there are an equal amount of Worlds bids for those teams competing without at least an At Large bid. Looks like a slam dunk guaranteed bid if you show up and perform.

Participants
  1. Small Senior 5
    1. All Star Legacy Lady X (At Large)
    2. Carolina Spirit Athletics 5C (At Large)
    3. Cheer Extreme SSX (Raleigh) (Full Paid)
    4. Cheer Savannah All Stars Lady Lace (At Large)
    5. Greensboro All Stars Diamond Elite (Partial Paid)
  2. Small Co-Ed 5
    1. Charlotte All Stars Teal (At Large)
    2. Cheer Corps Atomic 5 (At Large)
    3. Dream All Stars Eternity
    4. One United Knights (At Large)
  3. Medium Co-Ed 5
    1. ACX Jags Kat Daddies (Partial Paid)
    2. Cheer Extreme Smoex (Raleigh) (Full Paid)
    3. Impact One Omega (At Large)
  4. International Open 5
    1. Cheer Extreme IAG-X Cougars (Raleigh) (Full Paid)
  5. International Open Small Coed 5
    1. All Star Legacy Diesel (Manassas)
    2. FAME All Stars Finale (At Large)
    3. PowerHouse Elite Domination
  6. International Open Large Coed 5
    1. Palm Beach Lightning Platinum (At Large)

Rockstar Cheer Killers (Small Senior 5) are going and don't have a bid.

The bid declaration says you have to be a division winner to be eligible for bid within the level. So only winners will be considered for the bid. So if the winner already has a bid, it doesn't appear to matter what the score is for the second place team they aren't eligible -it will go to the next highest score winner. Now varsity can change it at any point I guess, but that's what it states online.
-another reason for people to be frustrated with cheer. That's not fair at all to those who do well and score high!

-another reason for people to be frustrated with cheer. That's not fair at all to those who do well and score high!

I'm fine with stating only winners can get the bids as long as you adhere to it and don't change on a whim because varsity decided to give it to another team that didn't win. That to me is much more frustrating.

Back