Can We Stop Yelling At Each Other?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by shadowsmom, May 17, 2019.

1. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Whelp, welcome to the internet! :)

This place can be a little touch and go. I find the rules are pretty fluid. Lots of stuff about keeping the boards clean, and for the most part that's true. But there have been more than a few times when I've read something from someone that's completely out of line and think, "If I said that, I'd be banned six times over." But it's not me saying it, so it gets a highly questionable pass. However, I don't dislike or report people because I feel that can be used as a passive-agressive way to create a pile on. Which is unnecessary.

It's important to remember that this is an internet forum. So it's really not worth getting upset over. There will always be those who lose sight of that -- which is weird to me since this is a cheerleading message board and literally none of this matters -- but just let them have their ill-begotten time in the sun (or as much sun as they can get hiding behind an avatar). Let them memorize all your past posts and tell you everything they think is wrong with them, just because. Let them follow you around this site being offended by everything you say, even though you’d think if they were that offended they could just NOT read your stuff altogether. Just... let them. Sooner or later they’ll tire themselves out, like children do.

Don't let it get to you :)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. NJ Coach

NJ Coach 10's Across the Board....literally. Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    If something is out of line, you should report it. We don't read every thread, and it's easy to miss things. We can't do anything about it if we aren't notified. Now, that doesn't mean that person will be banned etc. Sometimes a private warning is all it takes. Reported posts are private, so no one but the mods/admins will see it.

3. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Ok thank you. I was always curious about how reporting worked. But I didn’t want to be the user that appeared to abuse it over stupid stuff so I just opted out. But good to know it’s private.

4. NJ Coach

NJ Coach 10's Across the Board....literally. Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Completely private. Though not every reported post is something we'll take action in. I know for me at least, if it's questionable, I'll keep an eye on the thread and the poster to see what comes of it. The board does a pretty good job of policing itself (with the exception of hot button issues). Sometimes the best action is no action at all and let the conversation run its course and die.

5. CaliCheerMomMTZ

CaliCheerMomMTZ Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Oh Lordy. I missed FB in the summer. Love this place - the jade, the newbies full of hope, the lurkers.... You won't find a better bunch of us anywhere....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • List
  6. ACEDAD

ACEDAD Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive". National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    billpresson
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Bill Presson
    USASF Hall of Fame Member
    Ahhhh, Memorial Day weekend and cheer message boards...memories!