All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i would think it would be more southern and western teams pulling. most northeasterns know how to deal with snow! still a shame MT had to pull, but it would be more tragic if one of their athletes were injured. better safe than sorry.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

We know how to deal with the snow, but when flights are cancelled and you have to drive 15+ hours and the southern states don't have the infrastructure to treat the highways, it's not a drive you want to make.

This isn't "southerners can't drive in the snow, LOL", it really comes down to not having the infrastructure to prepare for and handle the snow. Like with the last snowstorm, I think the real danger here is that it's close to freezing, so all that snow is freezing solid on the roads.

We know how to deal with the snow, but when flights are cancelled and you have to drive 15+ hours and the southern states don't have the infrastructure to treat the highways, it's not a drive you want to make.

This isn't "southerners can't drive in the snow, LOL", it really comes down to not having the infrastructure to prepare for and handle the snow. Like with the last snowstorm, I think the real danger here is that it's close to freezing, so all that snow is freezing solid on the roads.

It would be like Florida chastising the northeast because they couldn't handle a little hurricane.

i'm saying theres not really snow on the roads here because we have plows and salt trucks, where obviously southern states wouldn't because no one expects they'll need them. i would think it would be gyms from mid-west and more south that would be pulling because the conditions are definitely worse than they are here.

i'm saying theres not really snow on the roads here because we have plows and salt trucks, where obviously southern states wouldn't because no one expects they'll need them. i would think it would be gyms from mid-west and more south that would be pulling because the conditions are definitely worse than they are here.

Sure but driving a long distance in a storm sucks no matter where you are from. I've had my share of white knuckle drives through snow storms on the mass pike. Plows can't always keep up with the snowfall. Wouldn't want to do that for 12 hours.

ETA: and the storm is just starting up here.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We have plows and salt in the south. Our neighborhood's "main road" got plowed yesterday and it looks like it never got plowed.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

South Carolina update. All main roads in columbia passable. Ice/snow melting now. Secondary roads I will know about in a minute. Drive safe. :).

My friends in the Broad River/Bush River area still can't drive on the main roads. One guy I know just said he had to walk to a grocery store

My mom is in Forest Acres and she still says no to driving. She teaches in Richland 2 and I'm sure their cancellation is on the way for tomorrow. Although I do believe tomorrow already wasn't a school day or was slated as a make up day or something

I live in northeast and have driven to the store and back. The interstates are passable and secondary roads have snow/ ice bit drivable slowly.

It's currently raining here in NYC. Our current concern is if it starts to snow again, that rain could turn to ice. Hopefully that won't be a problem- it's near 40s right now but cloudy and gross.

Or the fact that there's a house on my walk to the subway that hasn't cleared the sidewalk in 2 weeks, which is now a completely unsafe 4 inch ice sheet for a good 10 feet long. My mother is the most practical gift giver- got me a new pair of cute, warm, and sturdy snow boots. The traction has saved my neck more than once.

If anyone cuts through NC for Cheersport, the police are still encouraging people not to go out and drive. At least in the Triad area, they are encouraging not to go drive.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Back