All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to agree. I didn't read any of the last page-ish as drama, just curiosity or legit questions since they've posted that they are a coach. Seemed a natural question to ask so I am confused as to why the bold, all caps, and excessive punctuation was necessary.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I DON'T KNOW, IT KIND OF REMINDED ME OF THE 3 YR OLD BHS POSTER!!!!! It made me smile in a reminiscent sort of way.:D

I have to agree. I didn't read any of the last page-ish as drama, just curiosity or legit questions since they've posted that they are a coach. Seemed a natural question to ask so I am confused as to why the bold, all caps, and excessive punctuation was necessary.

Because he always posts that way. I've just gotten used to it. It wasn't any particular thing here - all his posts are bold with tons of punctuation. :confused:

I could be totally wrong here, but I think he's saying he's judging the dance teams at Cheersport. Does Cheersport have dance teams too? He's not affiliated with any dance teams is how I read the posts. Again, I could be wrong but that's just how I read it. He definitely wasn't clear initially that he was referring to dance, but stated it later.

They used to. Varsity bought them 2? (I think) years ago. But coaches that are also judges for the former gym that used to own the competition that are now competing and paid bids that are given at the discretion of the competition just sits a bit funny with me.
The weather sucks. I really feel badly for anyone who is dealing with trying to figure out how and if to get there. And what will it be like if and when you get there? The power outages are so widespread - you hope it will all be fixed by the weekend and I am sure the Convention Center and businesses right there will be, but who knows about any where else. Best wishes to everyone!

I know your post is from, like, 4 pages ago, but this is why Spirit All Stars in CT still doesn't compete at Spirit Fest! Robin is a Varsity employee now, but she's also still the owner of the gym.

If Kevin is still involved with Cheersport/Varsity (which he is), then it still seems like a bad idea to me.

Last edited:
I know your post is from, like, 4 pages ago, but this is why Spirit All Stars in CT still doesn't compete at Spirit Fest! Robin is a Varsity employee now, but she's also still the owner of the gym.

If Kevin is still involved with Cheersport/Varsity (which he is), then it still seems like a bad idea to me.
Yes, I give props to Spirit since that competition is literally in their backyard. And I miss when they ran that comp - they did a much better job! It used to be one of my favorite competitions.

dzfcci.jpg

dzfcci.jpg

Don't know how I'm getting there, but I am going to Atlanta!

I gotta laugh a little when reading this post....living in Wisconsin we get this weather all the time. The picture posted earlier with all the cars on the street with the street unplowed is a typical winter day (the snow covered streets, not the cars that are stopped or on fire...). Obviously snow is bigger deal in the south since its not common so most places don't have the plows and people don't really know how to drive in it, but just makes me laugh a little. Okay carry on.

That's true. My mom won't go out in the snow. My neighbor is laughing at us because they're from up north, and they're used to driving in snow.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I could be totally wrong here, but I think he's saying he's judging the dance teams at Cheersport. Does Cheersport have dance teams too? He's not affiliated with any dance teams is how I read the posts. Again, I could be wrong but that's just how I read it. He definitely wasn't clear initially that he was referring to dance, but stated it later.

Cheersport does have dance divisions, typically with dance competing in a ballroom or separate from cheer.

I gotta laugh a little when reading this post....living in Wisconsin we get this weather all the time. The picture posted earlier with all the cars on the street with the street unplowed is a typical winter day (the snow covered streets, not the cars that are stopped or on fire...). Obviously snow is bigger deal in the south since its not common so most places don't have the plows and people don't really know how to drive in it, but just makes me laugh a little. Okay carry on.
haha yes! i am from western Pennsylvania. when we get as much snow as ATL we still run laps outside for gym class!!

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

A bunch of the New England teams/athletes have had their flights cancelled. I saw that Jason from Pro Athletics is driving out through Ohio rather than straight down 95 to try and avoid the storm (a 22 hour drive). Crazy, all the gym owners are joking about crossing over athletes to other gyms to help out or creating a "New England All Stars" with the kids that do make it down. I think at least one gym has decided not to go.

I just don't think Cheersport can cancel. They certainly can't reschedule - wayyyy too many plans an arrangements have been made.

10750_10202476875816836_1668335363_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back