All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Flights have already been cancelled from Chicago. We've always planned on driving, and we're going to caravan with a few other families from our gym for safety reasons. We've all pretty much been told that it's far enough in advance to make other plans if you flight gets cancelled (drive, take a train, something but get there in time for Friday practice at stingrays.)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

40,000 people without power right now. I am sure I won't have it eventually. :/

So, while I don't really mind if I get bad ratings on posts, I don't understand something. @Ignis Pater rated my post on the first page as gossip. I stated that Cheersport had posted on their webpage that the event would continue.

So, I'm curious as to how that is gossip when it was the truth and available for anyone to see? @King

So, while I don't really mind if I get bad ratings on posts, I don't understand something. @Ignis Pater rated my post on the first page as gossip. I stated that Cheersport had posted on their webpage that the event would continue.

So, I'm curious as to how that is gossip when it was the truth and available for anyone to see? @King

I think he was being facetious.

I think he was being facetious.

Yeah, well I may take a facetious on a couple of his posts, then.

BTW, I didn't mean to be insensitive to the loss of power post above. The temperature stayed above freezing in Birmingham, so we're fine for now, but have another nervous night ahead of us. Prayers for the Atlanta area.

My flight tonight was canceled. Rebooked for tomorrow but am not at all optimistic we will get out at the snow is supposed to hit New England tomorrow morning.

My touch screen is screwed up. So there is no telling what I have done. @ACEDAD NEVER gossips. Sorry for the confusion.

Flights have already been cancelled from Chicago. We've always planned on driving, and we're going to caravan with a few other families from our gym for safety reasons. We've all pretty much been told that it's far enough in advance to make other plans if you flight gets cancelled (drive, take a train, something but get there in time for Friday practice at stingrays.)

It's nice of your gym to completely disregard people's safety, jobs, and the kids' school. :rolleyes:

If you were planning on flying on Friday morning, are you supposed to just "make other plans" and miss 2 days of work that you didn't ask for? I don't know about other people, but I'd get fired if I informed my job on Tuesday that I had to leave on Wednesday/Thursday for a cheerleading competition! Just curious if these gyms ever think about the fact that some people have to work to pay for cheer (and other less important things, like a mortgage)

*OK, bring on the negative ratings!

@ACEDAD I fixed it. I read your post and being facetious didn't make it funny. You can always tell when it makes you smile I'm being a smarta__. This time was just a goof.

I do recall a few years back my niece competed at cheersport and weather was bad and ATL actually had snow. Cheersport went on as scheduled. This was back when Cheersport & NCA along with NBA Allstar weekend was all in the same weekend!

for all those who have to travel be safe.

We're about 10 minutes from Stingrays-Marietta and 40 minutes from the venue. We have a light dusting of snow and about 1/2" of ice on the streets, but this belt of weather is bringing huge variances of snow and ice in just a matter of a few miles. Not a single car has driven past the house in the last few hours, but I have seen a few walkers hit the pavement hard and a child sliding on a piece of plastic hit a mailbox. I wouldn't want to have to try to get to the ER today, so be careful my fellow iced in friends.

Safe travels to everyone out there!

We're about 10 minutes from Stingrays-Marietta and 40 minutes from the venue. We have a light dusting of snow and about 1/2" of ice on the streets, but this belt of weather is bringing huge variances of snow and ice in just a matter of a few miles. Not a single car has driven past the house in the last few hours, but I have seen a few walkers hit the pavement hard and a child sliding on a piece of plastic hit a mailbox. I wouldn't want to have to try to get to the ER today, so be careful my fellow iced in friends.

Safe travels to everyone out there!
thanks for keeping us posted and keep safe. honestly, just noticed you were from atlanta. I assumed with catlady you were from ca in texas. weird the things that get into our heads. CP really wanted to visit stringrays but don't think it is going to happen this trip.

It's nice of your gym to completely disregard people's safety, jobs, and the kids' school. :rolleyes:

If you were planning on flying on Friday morning, are you supposed to just "make other plans" and miss 2 days of work that you didn't ask for? I don't know about other people, but I'd get fired if I informed my job on Tuesday that I had to leave on Wednesday/Thursday for a cheerleading competition! Just curious if these gyms ever think about the fact that some people have to work to pay for cheer (and other less important things, like a mortgage)

*OK, bring on the negative ratings!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I Love it!!!! I would have hope folks would have planned for this trip, especially in the middle of winter.. Most of the folks in VA and the few states below, have been out of school yesterday and today and more than likely tomorrow and Friday, so those of us in the southeast have a little lee-way of not being at work... I hope that all will be safe in their travels, and just remember, it is a cheerleading competition, if you get there, I pray that you are safe in doing so, if not, as someone stated above, I am sure your competitors won't mind at all......:rolleyes: Please be safe, and if you can't, be Smart!!! Cheers to all, and hope to see everyone there!!!!:fro:

thanks for keeping us posted and keep safe. honestly, just noticed you were from atlanta. I assumed with catlady you were from ca in texas. weird the things that get into our heads. CP really wanted to visit stringrays but don't think it is going to happen this trip.

Lol, "no", when we moved to Atlanta my 4 cats hung out in the front windows of our house and for some reason they drew the entire cat population of the neighborhood to our front porch where they like to hang out all day. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with cheer and everything to do with people calling me the "catlady".

I was sitting upstairs and could over hear the news say "If you're planning on flying to Atlanta anytime this week, good luck." Tampa International has canceled many flights there!

Back