All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you from that area?

Four hours away right in the middle between both Chicago and Memphis. Many coaches in our area have been talking for years with their staffs and with each other about what happens when the mega gym, branded gyms come to our area. It will affect all of us in some way, so better to be prepared. We may not of known who, but we knew it was heading this way.

This is a general statement and not directed at solely at CEA. I have no issues with any gym opening a location anywhere. I do however, think any parent is crazy for showing up at some hall, ballroom hotel, or where ever the heck this "registration location" is and handing over $50. Why aren't registrations happening at a GYM???!!! It's likely they are taking over a current program and aren't allowed to announce it until the season ends, but I still think the way the advertising works is wonky, and I've seen a few programs advertise the same way.
Regardless, I don't know a big program in the Memphis area, so it seems to be a smart move to add a location there.

There are only a couple of established programs in Memphis. Memphis Elite and Memphis Pride are the two largest. I think you are right that they are probably teaming up with one of these gyms. ME has locations in Memphis and Desoto so that would be my guess. They have also been around the longest.

Varsity is head quartered in Memphis as well. Not sure if that would be driving force to establish there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be blunt, I'm not sure why they keep spreading themselves so thin. I would understand if the other locations we're extremely successful, such as Cali's multiple locations, but they're not. Sorry but they're all very mediocre. I don't think it's helping their brand at this point, it's just too much

But if each location is profitable it makes sense from a business standpoint. There are several gyms that have satellite locations who aren't competitive, but if they act as feeder gyms to the main location, provide jobs, grow a customer base and operate in the black then it is a wise choice.

I think it'll be interesting to see if CEA goes more along the franchise side of things or if the mothership is truly expanding out. In either case, as long as the athletes are safe, have proper equipment and the business is running well I have no issues. I do find it interesting that they're going west instead of south; though I'm sure no one wants to pop up in the backyards of the StingRays or Top Gun.

But if each location is profitable it makes sense from a business standpoint. There are several gyms that have satellite locations who aren't competitive, but if they act as feeder gyms to the main location, provide jobs, grow a customer base and operate in the black then it is a wise choice.
Of course, it's always all about the money. Which makes sense

I get this and this is a business so your gonna be smart to do things to make more money. But is this the future of all star cheer? Is there just going to be like 3 mega gyms and nothing else?
Not a knock against cea just trying to look ahead to the future.
I sure hope not cause that will be real boring

I mean they already have multiple teams competing against each other. After awhile it's going to be just cea teams competing against each other for most of the season.

For a franchising model, that is really not a major concern.

I get this and this is a business so your gonna be smart to do things to make more money. But is this the future of all star cheer? Is there just going to be like 3 mega gyms and nothing else?
Not a knock against cea just trying to look ahead to the future.
I sure hope not cause that will be real boring

There will always be something else. The question is how will it exist and in what format. Will people be still willing to give the lesser known, not heavily marketed and branded gyms an opportunity to grow and thrive in this new look? or will the franchises pull the trained talent away leaving the smaller gym no option but to sell out, close or simply become a feeder gym. The gyms that survive will be the ones that diversify and do what the franchises wont or have no desire to. Adapt or perish is pretty much the formula to survive.

Back