All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

d7b8e25492bc0ceaaa4ed0b07b9448a4.jpg

This is something I've discussed w one of my cheer friends and this is her opinion... Now I can say senior 3Lite... Maybe it was a tribute routine or something? I remember there was a couple post about this but I can't remember the thread. But giving someone a recycled routine just isn't fair, which, is (IMO) not showing a team as much love and dedication as others.
Another thing, I'm not sure how CSP goes about her branch gyms... does she provide a layout of how things should be done? Do these new branch gyms go through conditioning and other processes before actually learning a routine and competing it? I know conditioning is over the summer, but what about when a gym gets opened mid season? IE Chicago, and Memphis? I understand even the main gym has some things they need to work on, worlds placements DOESN'T mean a thing, but I'd at least work on perfecting what I already have (IE other gyms including my main one) than to just keep opening up more gyms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Senior 3lite is a very successful team that got top 10 placement at summit last season

I highly doubt that they opened up gyms in Illinois and Mephis expecting that in a few years those kids would pack their bags and move across the country to be on SE or CE

Yeah, because those would be "main" locations, not satellites. The satellites are the smaller gyms in NC and southern VA.

d7b8e25492bc0ceaaa4ed0b07b9448a4.jpg

This is something I've discussed w one of my cheer friends and this is her opinion... Now I can say senior 3Lite... Maybe it was a tribute routine or something? I remember there was a couple post about this but I can't remember the thread. But giving someone a recycled routine just isn't fair, which, is (IMO) not showing a team as much love and dedication as others.
Another thing, I'm not sure how CSP goes about her branch gyms... does she provide a layout of how things should be done? Do these new branch gyms go through conditioning and other processes before actually learning a routine and competing it? I know conditioning is over the summer, but what about when a gym gets opened mid season? IE Chicago, and Memphis? I understand even the main gym has some things they need to work on, worlds placements DOESN'T mean a thing, but I'd at least work on perfecting what I already have (IE other gyms including my main one) than to just keep opening up more gyms.

I don't understand why she needs to make her teams "more well known". Cheerleading isn't about being famous. It's a sport and it shouldn't matter how well known your team is as long as you're progressing and having fun.

I try not to understand the way CEA does things because it's not necessarily what my first move would be, that said, if the parents & athletes are happy and are willing to pay the money then it is what it is. If they want to do tribute stuff, it's their monkey not mine.

Also Memphis isn't being opened mid-season...try outs are in line or close to the rest of the country. I know it seems like a blink, but the season is nearly over---World's are in less than 9 weeks.

I think people forget that it becomes open season for kids after worlds.

Kids have announced their new teams quite literally two days afterward.

Also, I think there is always an initial influx to a new gym that makes it seem like "OMG MEGA GYM IS TAKING ALL OUR KIDS."

It tends to level off after a few seasons. Kids who left a gym for New Gym sometimes come back. Some kids go elsewhere. It happens.

Everyone knows at least one kid who left immediately for a new place in town and found that she did not like it, didn't mesh with the staff, etc.

I think for ANY program with more than one gym, be it CEA, ACE, CA, CA, WE, WC, T&S, TG, etc. it's very difficult to not compare the satellite to the original gym. It's easy to forget it took 15+ years to build that program into what it is today and the new locations aren't going to look like that over night. I think it's also even more difficult to not compare when the additional location is a takeover of an existing program because there is already a facility and an established client base and maybe some coaches who have been there for years... but it'll still take time to change their ways and philosophies to make it mirror the original mothership gym.

Maybe CEA's goal is to have enough programs that X-Evolution becomes its own EP for CEA-only gyms, they say "screw you Varsity" and everything is in house. It's similar to joining a town soccer league and always competing against the 6 or so teams within that league. It works for other sports, why not cheer? (Except for bids to the almighty World Championship/Summit, of course)

Latest posts

Back