All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I still feel like if your delivering a quality product you have nothing to worry about. I feel like if they built a gym right across from cp's gym, I don't think it would affect our gym.

Now --- if my program was janky that might be another story.

Going to be blunt, I'm not sure why they keep spreading themselves so thin. I would understand if the other locations we're extremely successful, such as Cali's multiple locations, but they're not. Sorry but they're all very mediocre. I don't think it's helping their brand at this point, it's just too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was literally saying this last night. The only gym w success is Kernersville & Raleigh. All the other gyms aren't successful honestly. Cali is a GREAT example, I think the owner of Cali (and Cheer Athletics) actually takes the time to see if a gym in a certain area is feasible to be successful as opposed to just saying "oh is there a gym in this area?". Also I've noticed that CSP puts gyms in competitive areas (IE Maryland w MD Twisters, Illinois w ICE, Virginia w FAME, a couple more). I'm not sure if she thinks she can compete w their gym as in taking athletes? But I honestly don't think having all of these gyms (especially in competitive areas) is feasible for her program.

sorry, for the double post, but another thing I noticed, the CEA program as a whole are starting to have two teams in a lot of the same divisions, (IE senior elite and LOT, Coed Elite & CEA Charlotte) not sure if she wants to compete against her own teams? I know she may not have a say so in what division teams are produced in, but I feel as though we'll soon be seeing CEA against CEA to see which gym location is better.

I was literally saying this last night. The only gym w success is Kernersville & Raleigh. All the other gyms aren't successful honestly. Cali is a GREAT example, I think the owner of Cali (and Cheer Athletics) actually takes the time to see if a gym in a certain area is feasible to be successful as opposed to just saying "oh is there a gym in this area?". Also I've noticed that CSP puts gyms in competitive areas (IE Maryland w MD Twisters, Illinois w ICE, Virginia w FAME, a couple more). I'm not sure if she thinks she can compete w their gym as in taking athletes? But I honestly don't think having all of these gyms (especially in competitive areas) is feasible for her program.

I think many of their locations are successful there are better measures of success than just worlds placements

I think it's unfair to say their own successful gyms are Kerns and Raleigh---what scale are you using to measure their success? I know we have more than a few Satellite CEA parents on this board and I can't imagine it not stinging a lot to see that.

I think many of their locations are successful there are better measures of success than just worlds placements
Not necessarily speaking of worlds teams, I'm speaking of cleanliness in tumbling, stunts, an overall well put together routine. don't get me wrong, NO team is perfect, but the branch locations do have some teams that need to work on some things. (Not a cheer critic, just stating my personal opinion.) although I will say, all of them gyms have well put together routines, are they as clean as Kernersville? No... But are they still nice? Yes. Let's Take Cali's locations for example.... Cali Coed, Smoed, LBOD, Blops, they've all been down in the bottom of worlds placements I mean 7th place finishes, 5th places finishes, etc, hey, Blops didn't even make it to worlds in 2012 (they had a great routine that year in my opinion) but are they clean w a well put together routine? Most will say yes, and I would agree w that. You can have a great team and not place top ten at worlds/Summit. But there are some teams in CEA that shouldn't be in the division they are... (Of course, the same w other gyms).

I think it's unfair to say their own successful gyms are Kerns and Raleigh---what scale are you using to measure their success? I know we have more than a few Satellite CEA parents on this board and I can't imagine it not stinging a lot to see that.
I apologize for hurting feelings, it's not intended to be hurtful, just stating an opinion... But I feel as though some of the branches have things they need to work on, as a lot of branch gyms do. Once again I apologize if I come off as hurtful.

Not necessarily speaking of worlds teams, I'm speaking of cleanliness in tumbling, stunts, an overall well put together routine. don't get me wrong, NO team is perfect, but the branch locations do have some teams that need to work on some things. (Not a cheer critic, just stating my personal opinion.) although I will say, all of them gyms have well put together routines, are they as clean as Kernersville? No... But are they still nice? Yes. Let's Take Cali's locations for example.... Cali Coed, Smoed, LBOD, Blops, they've all been down in the bottom of worlds placements I mean 7th place finishes, 5th places finishes, etc, hey, Blops didn't even make it to worlds in 2012 (they had a great routine that year in my opinion) but are they clean w a well put together routine? Most will say yes, and I would agree w that. You can have a great team and not place top ten at worlds/Summit. But there are some teams in CEA that shouldn't be in the division they are... (Of course, the same w other gyms).

If you venture into the archives you'll find poster after poster talking about the poor tumbling technique of Senior Elite and Coed Elite dating back to when SE won World's the first time. In fact, most of what people comment on now---aside from their always creative routine, is how much BETTER their tumbling technique has improved. I think it's impossible to compare Satellite locations who have not been around nearly as long, to the mothership that has really only upped their game significantly in the past handful of years.

Idk maybe I came off the wrong way, in my opinion, CEA gyms like Chicago, Waldorf, Roanoke, they have GREAT teams, but when you think of a branch gym, you think "oh okay I expect this to be of at least the same quality" of course not every athlete is going to be great as soon as they start a gym, those gyms do have GREAT athletes, as a lot of CEA branch gyms. when I first started getting into cheer, I would see the branch gyms and assume they were all from the same exact gym location, once I figured out they weren't, I said "wow, they're all built the same, as in quality of a routine and the way it's executed" that's not necessarily what I see when I see CEA branches. Don't take this as "all CEA branches should just be canceled because they're terrible" because that's NOT what I'm saying at all.

The smaller gyms exist as feeder gyms to the bigger Worlds teams at KVille, Charlotte, and Raleigh.

The physical gym in Kernersville is one floor (and there's a smaller tumbling area IIRC), unlike CA Plano and Stingrays mega-gyms with something like 6+ full floors. There's only so many teams you can have practice in a gym with one floor--hence the need for satellite gyms that focus primarily on the lower levels before graduating their level 5's off to the main locations.

If you venture into the archives you'll find poster after poster talking about the poor tumbling technique of Senior Elite and Coed Elite dating back to when SE won World's the first time. In fact, most of what people comment on now---aside from their always creative routine, is how much BETTER their tumbling technique has improved. I think it's impossible to compare Satellite locations who have not been around nearly as long, to the mothership that has really only upped their game significantly in the past handful of years.
You know, you're honestly 100% correct about this. I understand exactly what you're saying.

The smaller gyms exist as feeder gyms to the bigger Worlds teams at KVille, Charlotte, and Raleigh.

The physical gym in Kernersville is one floor (and there's a smaller tumbling area IIRC), unlike CA Plano and Stingrays mega-gyms with something like 6+ full floors. There's only so many teams you can have practice in a gym with one floor--hence the need for satellite gyms that focus primarily on the lower levels before graduating their level 5's off to the main locations.
I highly doubt that they opened up gyms in Illinois and Memphis expecting that in a few years those kids would pack their bags and move across the country to be on SE or CE

Last edited:

I think it started out that way but now it seems like CEA is buying failing gyms or backing coaches in owning their own gyms and slapping their names on them. Memphis isn't going to be a feeder gym for Kernersville. I think CEA is just franchising at this point.

And I agree that the CEA brand is being weakened by this practice.

d7b8e25492bc0ceaaa4ed0b07b9448a4.jpg

This is something I've discussed w one of my cheer friends and this is her opinion... Now I can say senior 3Lite... Maybe it was a tribute routine or something? I remember there was a couple post about this but I can't remember the thread. But giving someone a recycled routine just isn't fair, which, is (IMO) not showing a team as much love and dedication as others.
Another thing, I'm not sure how CSP goes about her branch gyms... does she provide a layout of how things should be done? Do these new branch gyms go through conditioning and other processes before actually learning a routine and competing it? I know conditioning is over the summer, but what about when a gym gets opened mid season? IE Chicago, and Memphis? I understand even the main gym has some things they need to work on, worlds placements DOESN'T mean a thing, but I'd at least work on perfecting what I already have (IE other gyms including my main one) than to just keep opening up more gyms.

Back