All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty much any large gym with multiple locations will at some point have teams in the same divisions and might have to compete against them especially if locations are close to each other and the EP doesn't separate small and large. Ace, both CAs, WE...this isn't something unique to CEA.
Just using this as a jump in point for my 2 cents- We have 11 locations across New Zealand and we all compete against each other pretty much every competition. We have never known any different. Competition between your locations is healthy (within reason) and in our experience has been a driver in pushing up the standard of the services every location provides. We do however place a lot of time and emphasis on making sure that cheerleading is not about the win but the experiences and life lessons it teaches you which might be why it has been helpful rather than harmful for our brand.

I simply read the post about someone asking if the team was a tribute team and yes it was a tribute team. The comment was totally unnecessary... I didn't quote anyone wrong.
You actually did. That's why some people were confused. The persons post or quote comes up blue when you quote them. You typed your reply in his quote/post. Some people do this and I get confused as to what's the quote and what's the reply.
Eta: I don't know why I thought I should tell you lol.

Alright, bear with me, I'm going to try to make my thoughts clear...

I think having all these gyms is making the brand weak as a whole. And this can be said for other gyms that have expanded in similar ways. But, to be honest, I can't think of another gym who has expanded the way that CEA has. Even with Cali, the gyms are mostly California with the few nearby in AZ and Vegas.

To the little cheerleader in me, CEA used to be like an idol. And, the idea of being on a CEA team was so cool. But, I knew it could never happen as I lived in CA and they were only in NC. So, CEA was something pretty special because they were out of my reach. Now, they are all over the place. I feel like they are losing their original sparkle because they are popping up on every street corner. It would like if In-and-Out expanded through out the US. Yes, they might make more money as a business. But their "west coast" image would be lost since they are no longer exclusive.

And, as if the crossover situation wasn't already drama, they've made it worse for themselves. They made a bunch of small gyms who are going to rely on crossovers in order to field teams.

As a parent, would you be willing to have your kid cheer at a satellite gym knowing that they would be sent to the KVille gym if they progressed enough? Like, would you purposely hold them back so they don't have to make a potential commute?

I still question all of this and I'm struggling to not see them as "greedy."

I have to agree with this, but I am not just going to call out CEA because CEA isn't the only gym doing it. Primer Athletics is doing it, RockStar is slowly doing it, and many other big time named gyms. I feel like that if this continues then all competitions will end up being the same gyms competing with their same teams in different divisions and that gets boring after a while and ends up being no competition.

And speaking in general, It kind of gets annoying to see many people call out CEA for their success and always have a backlash about it. I am not speaking about you again just in general. I know with success comes with hate but they're many other rumors going around about CEA's programs and not even half of it is probably true. I just hate to see many Cheerleaders always saying something negative about them. Again this is not about you, but in general the whole CEA situation kind of gets annoying.

I don't know why so many people trash talk about CEA. Like what. If you don't like it, don't join them. If you're not with them, it's not your problem who competes against who, or who has what routine and music. I also want to point out junior/senior 3lite are out of Raleigh, owned by Kelly, not CSP. If people at CEA woudn't be happy with what team/s they're placed on, they would not stay.. So we can all agree that what they do works, otherwise they would be out of business. I can think of a few other gyms with locations out of their original state, it's not just CEA, and they were not the first to go far either. Rant over.
I was literally just saying this. Yes I do question something about CEA every once in a blue moon if I hear something and want to know if its true or not, but at the end of the day I don't see why people feel the need to trash talk their success and start silly rumors about their program just because one of the largest, or not the largest Cheerleading gym in the nation. There is no point. Funny thing most people who trash talk CEA has never even stepped foot in their gym or personally know or have had any encounters with their athletes, coaches, or gym owner.

I totally agree. Rockstar has opened 3 new locations within weeks of each other. I just saw on twitter where they just open one in Charleston and Fayetteville NC. But no one is talking about that or saying they are hurting their brand. All gyms have problems.

I was literally just saying this. Yes I do question something about CEA every once in a blue moon if I hear something and want to know if its true or not, but at the end of the day I don't see why people feel the need to trash talk their success and start silly rumors about their program just because one of the largest, or not the largest Cheerleading gym in the nation. There is no point. Funny thing most people who trash talk CEA has never even stepped foot in their gym or personally know or have had any encounters with their athletes, coaches, or gym owner.

I totally agree. Rockstar has opened 3 new locations within weeks of each other. I just saw on twitter where they just open one in Charleston and Fayetteville NC. But no one is talking about that or saying they are hurting their brand. All gyms have problems.
How many total locations does Rockstar have?

Rockstar used to be a southern thing (I believe) and now they're coming up with so many new locations all of a sudden. I believe last year or year before last they bought the oldest all star cheer gym in Raleigh,NC (Cheer and dance elite I think)

I over all think it's a bit rediculous that gyms feel the need to have so many locations like that's gotta be so stressful and hard to manage, but this is not just about CEA people speak as if they're the only ones who do it and they do not. I just don't understand why gyms have to have so many locations. I know money talks but dang!

Anyways, I think Rockstar has about 9 locations.

Is there a wiki or something that lists the multi-location gyms and their cities?

Rockstar used to be a southern thing (I believe) and now they're coming up with so many new locations all of a sudden. I believe last year or year before last they bought the oldest all star cheer gym in Raleigh,NC (Cheer and dance elite I think)

I over all think it's a bit rediculous that gyms feel the need to have so many locations like that's gotta be so stressful and hard to manage, but this is not just about CEA people speak as if they're the only ones who do it and they do not. I just don't understand why gyms have to have so many locations. I know money talks but dang!

Anyways, I think Rockstar has about 9 locations.
They did buy Elite Cheer and Dance. We used to be pretty tight with them back in our Aviator days and when we saw them at a competition this season they said it was the same kids and same staff just a new name. Rockstar Gastonia bought out CAC West (or at least stepped into their space after the CAC West location folded after a year but that was originally the Aviator space before CAC bought them out).

I think Rockstar is just selling their name to existing gyms (at an alarming rate really, last season they seemed to announce a new location every week). I don't get the impression there's any cohesiveness between locations or one overriding coaching philosophy or common training etc. Frankly, with the sheer numbers of new locations they've opened I don't see how they possibly could be managing all those locations from the "mothership."

I know it sounds like kool aid talk (and I gave up kool aid drinking two gyms ago) but I can't imagine any of those rockstar locations (and having been in a satellite CEA location I know it's not that way there) has the same sortof connection to the home gym like CA Charlotte does with Plano. I'm genuinely amazed CA has made the Charlotte gym feel as much a part of Plano as the kids that go there. But I also see how much work they put into building that connection and that's with only one new expansion. I don't see how that's remotely possible with multiple locations opening in the same season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back