All-Star Censorship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 21, 2010
Hey guys....I am wondering your thoughts on this topic. Do you think it is ok for an Administrator to be able to delete your post because they don't like you personally? Even though the post had no bad language and had nothing to do with them? Just curious...cuz if this is the case...why have the boards?

I find flaws with anything that strays from technical to personal.

Hey guys....I am wondering your thoughts on this topic. Do you think it is ok for an Administrator to be able to delete your post because they don't like you personally? Even though the post had no bad language and had nothing to do with them? Just curious...cuz if this is the case...why have the boards?

I don't mind having admins delete posts for this reason: although it may not have bad language or be about them personally, they know when the line has been crossed OR when it's going to get ugly. Yes, this is the internet and we are free to voice our opinions, but this is also a regulated cheer site with both kids and adults. There has to be moderation from someone somewhere. There is always the option to go on facebook/twitter/another site, which people do. I'd rather have some things be deleted than a big free for all.

I don't mind having admins delete posts for this reason: although it may not have bad language or be about them personally, they know when the line has been crossed OR when it's going to get ugly. Yes, this is the internet and we are free to voice our opinions, but this is also a regulated cheer site with both kids and adults. There has to be moderation from someone somewhere. There is always the option to go on facebook/twitter/another site, which people do. I'd rather have some things be deleted than a big free for all.
I agree with you completely. But for nothing more than "I don't like you or Im not crazy about your post"? There are many many hateful posts that get left on...and yet.....a random few will be deleted because and admin doesn't want it there? I was told this is in the fine print but at what point is it harassment and just down right nit picking?

side note....I have been sent pm's regarding my kindness and being fair so I just fail to understand what it is that warrants this?

I know we can all agree that I'm glad that Rubrics have done wonders to eliminate personal opinion from the scoring system - or we'd need a copious amount of Administrators on these boards.

I think some of the admins get a little "power hungry" and take advantage of their privileges sometimes. You just wanna say, "You're an admin on a cheerleading message board. Calm down and keep your pants on, Stalin." I've only had one post deleted that I just could not understand in the slightest bit why it was, but it was a competition weekend. I know some of them don't like the way I post, but it's a cheerleading message board. I don't actually have to take into account what people on here think of me when I go about my everyday life. If it honestly becomes a problem, I would take it up privately with one of the less biased admins.

I think some of the admins get a little "power hungry" and take advantage of their privileges sometimes. You just wanna say, "You're an admin on a cheerleading message board. Calm down and keep your pants on, Stalin." I've only had one post deleted that I just could not understand in the slightest bit why it was, but it was a competition weekend. I know some of them don't like the way I post, but it's a cheerleading message board. I don't actually have to take into account what people on here think of me when I go about my everyday life. If it honestly becomes a problem, I would take it up privately with one of the less biased admins.

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't attempt to "override" a decision that another admin/moderator had made in my absence. It has nothing to do with bias or non-bias. Probably not a popular answer for this thread but I'll take my chances.

I think that this is understandable and even agreed with - however, I think it's posts that have no potential to go sour (or are even joking in nature) are deleted. I understand there is a need for order - but I too could pose the question where does the line between violation of board terms and personal vendettas lay exactly. (it's more undefined then the country borders of Iran - and we all know how that goes, you could be imprisoned and tried for spying if you encroach there) - I guess more clarity and fleshed out Terms would really alleviate situations like this altogether.

Well IMHO.
Look, they know when a post has the potential to go sour. They're nipping it in the bud, so that the drama doesn't unfold.

Well mstealtoyou - you know I never see eye to eye with you :)
I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't attempt to "override" a decision that another admin/moderator had made in my absence. It has nothing to do with bias or non-bias. Probably not a popular answer for this thread but I'll take my chances.

Back