All-Star Censorship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't mean that anybody should be "overriding" decisions, or that anybody should pm another admin saying "Why doesn't msteal like me!?!?!?!?!" I know that in the past if I questioned a decision, I would pm an admin and asked them about it. They've always been able to answer my question respectfully. It's helped me understand decisions more clearly.

I'm sorry I misunderstood. And you would never have to PM anyone saying Why doesn't MsTeal like me. You know I love you! LOL

this board is honestly the most regulated one that ive seen on the internet... thats why im not on as often as i use to be, i wish we could have freedom of speech here like many people have said. i know NUMEROUS people who wanna join the board but know that they cannot speak their opinion so they choose not to join.

this board is honestly the most regulated one that ive seen on the internet... thats why im not on as often as i use to be, i wish we could have freedom of speech here like many people have said. i know NUMEROUS people who wanna join the board but know that they cannot speak their opinion so they choose not to join.

You can voice your opinion, there are just limits. The cheerleading community is so close knit, and it's that thing "not everyone posts but everyone reads it". If the Boards was a free for all, and you could insult teams and individuals as much as you wanted I would definitely not have joined. The censorship allows the Boards to be enjoyed by more people.

I'm sorry I misunderstood. And you would never have to PM anyone saying Why doesn't MsTeal like me. You know I love you! LOL
Haha, nbd! If you misunderstood me, I'm sure others did too. And you'd never have to worry about that! You know you're my fav any day of the year!:p

i think there are some posts that should get deleted and dont, and some that do that i dont find reasonable and looking at something i noticed somebody said something an admin got upset by the comment and deleted it because it was more of a personal issue they had which personally i do not think is okay in the workplace your not supposed to get your personal and work life mixed together and i believe this is one of those issues where to much of the personal has interfered

ztaprincess - what about a harmless post such as this one (my reply to you) if that got deleted - would it be normal business for your other forums? I'm just trying to figure out what harm a post like this could have - because this I think is the problem that was being raised for discussion.

I have no problem with threads / posts that become issues - but harmless posts (such as this one) what is the harm/threat?

That is a figurative question I wasn't looking for a reply. Just an example :)

On the forum that i moderate we would get in trouble by the admin if we deleted a post like yoru reply to me because there was nothing wrong with it. I do not think that posts that do no harm should be deleted. I guess since I haven't noticed posts like that being deleted that is why I don't see an issue with it, but I can understand being upset if a random post that didn't break any rules or start any drama was deleted.

Terms of Service and Rules | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading

Those are the rules of the board.

It is regulated and it is the internet, but deleting posts are not against your freedom of speech. It is spelled out in the rules when you sign up (and in turn by registering) agree to.

As we are the longest surviving message board about cheerleading I tend to believe it is because of regulation. Whenever someone feels their rights are being impinged they will speak out, but this isn't about civil liberties on here. It is a close knit community and a lot of people share opinions they wouldn't dare share in person.

As for the poster who was banned she made comments on the sex life of a minor.

As for getting 'more' people to join the board it is already fairly popular as it is. We average about 15,000 people visiting a week (and will probably hit around 25,000 for Worlds). I am not concerned a few people won't come here because of the regulation.

i wish i was an admin so i can delete all the post i make that no one ever replys too.

i feel the board admins are doing a great job.

altough some of you posters really need to start posting in the proper area. lets not talk about socks in the all star section, lets put that in random. #rant

Terms of Service and Rules | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading

Those are the rules of the board.

It is regulated and it is the internet, but deleting posts are not against your freedom of speech. It is spelled out in the rules when you sign up (and in turn by registering) agree to.

As we are the longest surviving message board about cheerleading I tend to believe it is because of regulation. Whenever someone feels their rights are being impinged they will speak out, but this isn't about civil liberties on here. It is a close knit community and a lot of people share opinions they wouldn't dare share in person.

As for the poster who was banned she made comments on the sex life of a minor.

As for getting 'more' people to join the board it is already fairly popular as it is. We average about 15,000 people visiting a week (and will probably hit around 25,000 for Worlds). I am not concerned a few people won't come here because of the regulation.

now that's the T!

lakerfantlc , to answer your question - Is it ok for an Admin to delete a post because of personal dislike for the poster, no. But remember, every post is subjective. If you post, you probably don't see anything wrong with what you said. But someone reading it may get an entirely different feel from what you said. This is especially true if they read your post with a particular mindset. I do this all the time with emails. My manager - with whom I've had a shaky relationship - sends me emails that begin with "Good morning." In my mind, her face is like -__- But that's probably not the case at all, I just read it with that expectation.
I'm guessing Admins, just like the rest of us, read posts the way they THINK someone is saying something, regardless what words are actually used.

Mamarazzi I agree I'm guilty of that - what if the posts are back and forth between me and you for example. We're friendly we can joke back and forth on a topic - would it then be acceptable to remove it? No outside gyms or parties involved.

Mamarazzi I agree I'm guilty of that - what if the posts are back and forth between me and you for example. We're friendly we can joke back and forth on a topic - would it then be acceptable to remove it? No outside gyms or parties involved.

Depends what we're saying. Even a back & forth between US could be seen as hurtful or offensive to someone reading it and may just be better off through PM, fb message or text. You and I could have a "play fight" about Big Bang vs Celebs, but someone reading it might really be bothered by it. Is it serious enough to delete? Maybe, but that's where we can't really fight the discretion of the admins.

If their opinion is 'SO-AND-SO SUCKS AND SHOULD BE KICKED OFF cause they're sooo stewpid and like omg I hate such and such team they have smelly feet and they're awful', and they're upset they can't post it so they don't join...I can't say I'm missing them much.

On the contrary, I feel free to say a LOT. A LOT is left on here. Threads on certain cheerlebrities stay up so long as we don't go too outside the box (and if they do, said person gets an earful). Things about TG Uni-gate stayed up because most of us were in too much disbelief to say many words :p. We talk about issues with cheer structure (scoring, warmups, comp companies, varsity and their monopoly) in a way that was never so openly discussed before (I've been around the boards for a number of years now, and not the longest). Is it a free-for-all to post whatever not-nice thought pops into your head? No. I don't understand where people are so upset about not being able to post whatever thought gets fired across your neuroses...this ain't twitter/facebook. And THANK GOD FOR THAT..I'm not on twitter so I can avoid the emotional teenage vomit that tends to spew out.

Depends what we're saying. Even a back & forth between US could be seen as hurtful or offensive to someone reading it and may just be better off through PM, fb message or text. You and I could have a "play fight" about Big Bang vs Celebs, but someone reading it might really be bothered by it. Is it serious enough to delete? Maybe, but that's where we can't really fight the discretion of the admins.
Having worked in an industry working with people for 30 yrs...I totally get what you are saying. I AM sorry to say that I have had personal messages with this person begging to know why all the hate towards me....to no avail....it is a personal dislike and that is all. I have tried to fix it....I can't so Im moving on...over it...:) It's fine...not good that someone can do it...but it is what it is...:) I love these boards...I do think that most of them do an amazing job and I am thankful for them and the time they put in....example of my appreciation would be that I am a premium supporter and am happy to do so...:) In no way am I dissing this forum...just confused as to why I was singled out...thats all...no biggie....ps Mamarazzi I am packing you in my checked bag for dallas...:)

Back