All-Star Champions League 2- The Movie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm in agreement with most of the people posting here I saw last year's movie but this year I watched the filming of the movie first. Then tonight I watched the movie. Definitely a great improvement on last year's movie. I think they listened to last year's complaints. Lots more of the routines included. Yeah, the prom red carpet was a little dull but I was glad that the athletes got to shine outside of their uniforms. The movie included some anecdotal bits that were humorous and verified what we already knew, that coaches and gym owners are an odd group.

If I had a complaint it would be that the movie didn't show any of the sportsmanship that was exemplified throughout the competition. I think that's important for others to see. Especially the younger cheerleaders. Also, there was no explanation regarding the division winners and the monies that they received for charity.

The filming was vastly improved upon last year's. And it kept your interest throughout. This year the theater was full as opposed to last year's theater that had a very small crowd. Only problem was it was full of individuals from a nearby gym that isn't partial to ours so we remained low key to prevent problems. We weren't interested in having a cheer rumble at the theater. Overall, it was well worth the time and money spent and I would recommend seeing it.

My whole gym had a team bonding to see it... Well I guess they only transferred over the first hour of it. So basically we saw the whole prom and Black Ops and a bit of WE generals. It looked better than last years. But that's as far as we got before it randomly shut off and they JUST THEN realized the rest of the movie was missing....
Hoping they put it out online soon because we were all so excited to watch it!! It was pretty fun though because it was just our gym there and one girl from a nearby gym who we all adore, so we goofed off and took pictures while they tried fixing it.
Thankfully we all got refunds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cheering::DAlright! Now, my daughter and I are excited to see this movie...However, I was quite surprise when I told my daughter about it and the possibilities of us going on Thursday and she flatly refused to see it and was highly disappointed by last years movie... Tbh, I was ready to go see and support this movie, even if it was a prequel and they showed Ms. Pascales in diapers upset that someone handed her pompoms when she mentioned cheerleading, crazy I know, but I just loooove me some AS cheerleading....Just kidding on the diapers, but prequel, hmmm, maybe.! .. Sorry, I digress, after reading these critiques and showing my daughter these critiques, she is now excited to see the sequel, to be honest, I was hoping they would have made a prequel,,,just kidding!!!!
PS: @klynn64, I also mentioned to my daughter the possibility on getting in on some after movie rumbles with rival gyms and we are really too over top excited to go now! I just hope we can put off the rumble until after the movie, hmm, I know, we have the rumble during the prom scenes...ALRIGHT, let's go!

We went and saw the movie last night. We opted to not go to the theatre closest to the gym (heard it was sold out anyway) and two of my fabulous cheer BFF's and their cp's met us at a theatre a lot closer to where we live. There was a row of girls behind our cp's and our cp's tried talking to them before the movie started but they were seriously giving our kids dirty looks. Whatever, jealous I guess.

We liked the movie, the beginning on the red carpet I felt like sometimes they weren't introducing the teams and coaches, we were wondering who they were interviewing. During the routines I did like the camera work, it was fun to see different angles and close ups that we normally don't get to see. And I LOVED the piece on Eye of the Storm, such an inspiration!

Oh and it was fun to see some of my FB friends kids on the big screen!

I really did not have high expectations but we have friends that we wanted to support/see on the "big screen". I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see my CP up there during the Prom portion, especially since they did not make finals. That alone was (to me) was worth the price of the ticket. The theatre we were in was filled with cheerleaders and I LOVEd that they put us in a theatre with the "lounger" seats LOL. I thought it was shot very well and really gave us closer look at the teams. I really liked the portion dedicated to Eye of the Storm....don't think there was a dry eye in the theatre. It was so inspiring to see/hear Jimmy. We have been following him and the team for MANY years. Was a little sad that they focused a portion on the Lady Jags injury versus just showing their performance. I am thinking they wanted to touch on the subject of injuries but show that not all are "sport ending" ones. All in all a good movie. I will definitely buy it once it comes out if only for a souvenir for my daughter.

I haven't seen the movie, but knowing that there's a feature on Eye makes me want to so badly. I remember tearing up watching them go full out at practice, and I cried when I was working a competition and watched them compete. They are so inspirational, and I love whenever they are recognized for how hard they work!

I haven't seen the movie, but knowing that there's a feature on Eye makes me want to so badly. I remember tearing up watching them go full out at practice, and I cried when I was working a competition and watched them compete. They are so inspirational, and I love whenever they are recognized for how hard they work!
That segment alone was worth the price of admission! I would have like to see more "in the gym" scenes but overall the movie was much better than it was last year. As @klynn64 said, they missed huge "feel good" moments by not showing any sportsmanship highlights, and they were everywhere during the competition. There was one moment where BSB hit their stunts and kids from the medium coed division who where all sitting together went crazy. Ten seconds of that footage would have been golden. There were many other examples too.

I'm in agreement with most of the people posting here I saw last year's movie but this year I watched the filming of the movie first. Then tonight I watched the movie. Definitely a great improvement on last year's movie. I think they listened to last year's complaints. Lots more of the routines included. Yeah, the prom red carpet was a little dull but I was glad that the athletes got to shine outside of their uniforms. The movie included some anecdotal bits that were humorous and verified what we already knew, that coaches and gym owners are an odd group.

If I had a complaint it would be that the movie didn't show any of the sportsmanship that was exemplified throughout the competition. I think that's important for others to see. Especially the younger cheerleaders. Also, there was no explanation regarding the division winners and the monies that they received for charity.

The filming was vastly improved upon last year's. And it kept your interest throughout. This year the theater was full as opposed to last year's theater that had a very small crowd. Only problem was it was full of individuals from a nearby gym that isn't partial to ours so we remained low key to prevent problems. We weren't interested in having a cheer rumble at the theater. Overall, it was well worth the time and money spent and I would recommend seeing it.

Oh well, I was going to ask if you went and saw it in the Nard but I can see you didn't. Yeah, I'd keep my head down too. The daggers we get stared into us can be painful after a while!

I haven't had the review from cp yet. I was asleep when she came home. I mean, did I make it in there or not? :p

That segment alone was worth the price of admission! I would have like to see more "in the gym" scenes but overall the movie was much better than it was last year. As @klynn64 said, they missed huge "feel good" moments by not showing any sportsmanship highlights, and they were everywhere during the competition. There was one moment where BSB hit their stunts and kids from the medium coed division who where all sitting together went crazy. Ten seconds of that footage would have been golden. There were many other examples too.

I noticed that WE and CA (that Texas one!) really support each other. I loved seeing that. I noticed it at NCA too so it's not just a one-time for the movie thing.

So, I rented the CL1 and watched on Wednesday to prep for CL2.
CL1 wasn't bad, it was just like watching a comp, with fantastic seats, with no break at all.
I loved the background stories on CL2. And honestly, I liked that they actually showed less cheer. Eye of the Storm, Kathy "The Awkward TwerkMom" Burns, and seeing the routines from angles that we never get to see them were my favorite parts.
I think they could add even more personal stories to show the community aspect of cheer, though. Maybe a quick take on the fact that competitors in the same division roomed together because we love each other's kids like our own :)

We went and saw the movie last night. We opted to not go to the theatre closest to the gym (heard it was sold out anyway) and two of my fabulous cheer BFF's and their cp's met us at a theatre a lot closer to where we live. There was a row of girls behind our cp's and our cp's tried talking to them before the movie started but they were seriously giving our kids dirty looks. Whatever, jealous I guess.

We liked the movie, the beginning on the red carpet I felt like sometimes they weren't introducing the teams and coaches, we were wondering who they were interviewing. During the routines I did like the camera work, it was fun to see different angles and close ups that we normally don't get to see. And I LOVED the piece on Eye of the Storm, such an inspiration!

Oh and it was fun to see some of my FB friends kids on the big screen!
Almost the entire theater I was in was filled with kids from your gym. It was a ton of fun!

I didn't buy my tickets online this year, I waited and bought them at the theater so I didn't have to pay convenience fees. It was 12.50 for me and 10.50 for CP.

It only showed at one time yesterday at the theaters around me and that time wasn't good so we'll need to wait for cable/pay per view :(. We liked last years so if this one is even better that's good news.

My CP was surprised to see the rating was PG-13 - anyone know why?

So, I rented the CL1 and watched on Wednesday to prep for CL2.
CL1 wasn't bad, it was just like watching a comp, with fantastic seats, with no break at all.
I loved the background stories on CL2. And honestly, I liked that they actually showed less cheer. Eye of the Storm, Kathy "The Awkward TwerkMom" Burns, and seeing the routines from angles that we never get to see them were my favorite parts.
I think they could add even more personal stories to show the community aspect of cheer, though. Maybe a quick take on the fact that competitors in the same division roomed together because we love each other's kids like our own :)
GREAT IDEA!!! Promoting the sportsmanship between teams...because as we all know..you NEVER know where you will end up year after year!!

Back