All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That reminds me of the tricking competition at ASG. Not that I'm a fan of tricking. This may even be the best way to do it since I'm not aware there really is a scoresheet for tricking...is there?! No idea.

Anyway, they put the three judges on the mat and had two trickers throw their string of skills (going back and forth) and the judges cheered and enjoyed themselves. Then they all three closed their eyes and on the same count, pointed to the person they chose as the winner. If two of the three judges pointed at you....you won.

It was sortof like the jamfest parent dance off (do they still do those?) before awards. That's what it reminded me of anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're joking....
Right?

You're joking....
Right?
Not in the slightest. I was expecting a crowd applause portion but they did the tricking battle while teams were competing on the other floor (both cheer floors are in the same ballroom) trying to make up time (I think at that point the competition was just over an hour behind schedule).

Not in the slightest. I was expecting a crowd applause portion but they did the tricking battle while teams were competing on the other floor (both cheer floors are in the same ballroom) trying to make up time (I think at that point the competition was just over an hour behind schedule).

What even.

I just have to sit down and think about that for a minute.

I'm also insanely curious about this momma smack talking business.

They had at least 5 minutes in between teams. There was no need for 2 panels. So much to say but I will leave it that Champions League 2.0 was a thumbs down for me - and was ridiculously expensive.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
This. My takeaway after last night was that I would never again attend, much less pay to attend, if this took place next door to me next year. There is so much I could say about so many aspects of this event...but let's leave it at this.

Last edited:
Apparently all the coaches agreed ahead of time that the grand champ would be judges choice, no matter what the scores showed. Still don't understand that, but that's what I was told.

I have nothing against senior elite but I am side eyeing this whole competition.....I'm sure the movie will have some great story to go with it like they did with topgun last year....if I were a coach I am not sure I would be sold on attending a competition where the end product is making money off of a movie that needs story lines.... I could be wrong but we'll see.

Now I think it could have gone to either team because SE and Black ops are both amazing but when one score is 2 points higher....that's just asking for trouble.

What even.

I just have to sit down and think about that for a minute.

I'm also insanely curious about this momma smack talking business.
Just saw these videos pop up on cheer media. The three guys at the back of the mat are the judges.

Instagram

Apparently all the coaches agreed ahead of time that the grand champ would be judges choice, no matter what the scores showed. Still don't understand that, but that's what I was told.
That is what I was wondering during the backlash about grand champion... Aren't the program aware of this before they decided to bring their teams. I can't see the EP not disclosing this ahead of time. So everyone had to know. At least that is what seems logical.

My other thoughts reading through all of this and twitter.... saw complaints about the time difference and the kids competing late. When we travel to worlds from the west coast our teams have had to be at the event to warm up at 4:30am 5:00am our time. It stinks and it's just unfortunate when you have to travel like this.

The cost to come to the west coast for the east coast teams.... So it goes without saying that is the case every year for worlds for the west coast teams. I still think that Worlds needs to move around the country (I know that has been something discussed before and is pretty hard to make happen, but it sure would be nice for the other side of the country).

Congratulation to Senior Elite on Grand Champions still one of my favorite teams this season.
Top Gun is unbelievable again. They came out the gate ready for the road to worlds. I am hoping they take the Gold.
To Black Ops who look so good this year. They have a performance level that is unbelievable this season. Think it is my favorite season so far for them. They found a formula that works for that team.
Brandon - by far is my favorite small coed team. They look flawless, professional as someone stated and there is something about them that sends off a positive vibe, but not cocky even though they're AMAZING!
and to all the teams that competed this year at The Champions league, I can't wait to see what you bring to worlds this season. It's going to be a fun fight to see who comes out victorious.

Didn't a member from smoed compete in power tumbling in the all star games this weekend? How did that work out since they competed at CL.

My other thoughts reading through all of this and twitter.... saw complaints about the time difference and the kids competing late. When we travel to worlds from the west coast our teams have had to be at the event to warm up at 4:30am 5:00am our time. It stinks and it's just unfortunate when you have to travel like this.

The cost to come to the west coast for the east coast teams.... So it goes without saying that is the case every year for worlds for the west coast teams. I still think that Worlds needs to move around the country (I know that has been something discussed before and is pretty hard to make happen, but it sure would be nice for the other side of the country).

Teams come from all around the world with much more than a 3 hour time difference. I think if teams with a 12 hour difference can do it without complaining, teams from the states should be fine.

Saying that, I complain when I have to be up early for a comp in my own time zone, so my opinion probably won't count for much haha

This. My takeaway after last night was that I would never again attend, much less pay to attend, if this took place next door to me next year. There is so much I could say about so many aspects of this event...but let's leave it at this.
Eh, cheerson had his pic taken with @mstealtoyou @SheCheers and @Cheermom1969 kids so was all worth it for me. Lol.

**If you spend $700 to chase a Paid bid was it really worth your money**

Back