All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

According to google it is 2.7 miles from the JW to the Galen center so not walking distance. :(

There have been posts about CL in the All Star games thread and I wanted to stop hijacking that thread. I am completely stressed about this location. Can anyone familiar with the area give some information? How far is the JW Marriott from the competition venue? Is it walking distance and if so is it safe to walk late at night? I have heard very bad things about the hotel area and the competition venue area. If not are there cabs available and if so how much should I expect to pay one way? Are there parking garages or lots near the Marriott so that I can avoid paying $50/day the hotel charges if I do rent a car? Is there parking at the competition venue? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Breathe. lol

Is cp competing at the Galen center (LA Sports Arena) or at LA Live?

If she's at LA Live, yes, you can walk from your hotel. If it's at the Sports Arena, you will need a car (or a cab). Sports Arena is in somewhat of a sketchy area. There will be plenty of parking there, though.

Breathe. lol

Is cp competing at the Galen center (LA Sports Arena) or at LA Live?

If she's at LA Live, yes, you can walk from your hotel. If it's at the Sports Arena, you will need a car (or a cab). Sports Arena is in somewhat of a sketchy area. There will be plenty of parking there, though.
There have been posts about CL in the All Star games thread and I wanted to stop hijacking that thread. I am completely stressed about this location. Can anyone familiar with the area give some information? How far is the JW Marriott from the competition venue? Is it walking distance and if so is it safe to walk late at night? I have heard very bad things about the hotel area and the competition venue area. If not are there cabs available and if so how much should I expect to pay one way? Are there parking garages or lots near the Marriott so that I can avoid paying $50/day the hotel charges if I do rent a car? Is there parking at the competition venue? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

No it's too far and sketchy to walk. Yes there is parking at both venues and lots of taxis around, but I have no idea what they charge

LA Live isn't a venue

Sports Arena is lower levels
Galen is Level 5

Harmless strays hehe

We went to a comp there and CP and friend took a pic with a snake around their neck LOL
I'm phobic - like you have no idea how terrified I am. OMG I don't even want to go now. damn Californians! kidding. kind of.

No it's too far and sketchy to walk. Yes there is parking at both venues and lots of taxis around, but I have no idea what they charge

LA Live isn't a venue

Sports Arena is lower levels
Galen is Level 5

I thought the level 5s were at the LA Live, across from Staples?

Yes but most of it is not fit for consumption by children! lol
I have some priceless photos of a much much younger CP in uniform and curlers posing with some of the fine folks out there!
I thought the level 5s were at the LA Live, across from Staples?
No :( Have to haul over to the ghetto (oh...I mean the fabulously wonderful USC campus ---- Yes, proud Bruin here who can't resist ;) )

I have some priceless photos of a much much younger CP in uniform and curlers posing with some of the fine folks out there!

No :( Have to haul over to the ghetto (oh...I mean the fabulously wonderful USC campus ---- Yes, proud Bruin here who can't resist ;) )

How did I get that in my head? Hmmmm. I blame you. lol

So we all have to schlep down the 110! Carpool!

So how does this work for the parents that have athletes in a level 5 and 3? Do they have to pay entrance for both places?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take the bus at day and then Uber (or lyft) at evening/night.

I still don't get if my ticket is for the entire weekend or just the movie set? :p

I will take the bus at day and then Uber (or lyft) at evening/night.

I still don't get if my ticket is for the entire weekend or just the movie set? :p
From what I understand...as parents, we bought tickets earlier this month for the competition (movie set) for Saturday night. We will be able to buy tickets for the pre-competition Saturday morning on the day of the competition. I am assuming there will be additional tickets for purchase for the competition on Sunday at well. There is VERY little info on this. Once NCA is over, I will be spending quite a bit of time trying to figure this one out.

If anyone has extra Onyx level seats for Champs League, can you please PM me? Looking for 2-4. Thanks in advance.

Back