All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing is going to end up being a fail?

I don't know why you would think that. There are so many Negative Nancies in this thread! Give it a chance. There are a lot of great industry leaders and prestigious gyms behind this, so I wouldn't be so quick to predict its failure.

In addition, I get that cheerUPDATES is not the most traditional way to announce a new industry event, but we all know about it, don't we? It worked. We're talking about it. CU isn't just another "cheer is life!" Twitter with pictures of cheerlebs' needles and Worlds rings. He spent the past year giving us legitimate industry news and competition updates. Why does his announcing of the Champions League make it automatically unprofessional or doomed to fail?

Seems like GA has a lit to prove by beig invited to this event. But xan they please reveal the rulea already?

I don't know why you would think that. There are so many Negative Nancies in this thread! Give it a chance. There are a lot of great industry leaders and prestigious gyms behind this, so I wouldn't be so quick to predict its failure.

In addition, I get that cheerUPDATES is not the most traditional way to announce a new industry event, but we all know about it, don't we? It worked. We're talking about it. CU isn't just another "cheer is life!" Twitter with pictures of cheerlebs' needles and Worlds rings. He spent the past year giving us legitimate industry news and competition updates. Why does his announcing of the Champions League make it automatically unprofessional or doomed to fail?
Given the team after team being announced, I think failure is not an option.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Considering that athletes on most of these teams "involved" don't know anything about the event is a huge red flag for me.

Considering that athletes on most of these teams "involved" don't know anything about the event is a huge red flag for me.

There are a lot of things we don't know about it yet. It's June, not October. It's not uncommon at all for a competition schedule to not be 100% set at this point. I'm sure athletes and parents will be filled in now that information is coming out about it.

All I'm saying is wait until there is some information before making assuming it's a failure in the making. Gym owners of this caliber from all across the country don't come together for something that's not legit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's because teenagers are less than proficient at keeping secrets.

for some reason i feel like CA will be one of the last teams to be announced, they are the least likely to be considered since they rarely leave the state. and people know that whatever CA does people tend to follow, not trying to throw other teams to the shade, but CA is a HUGE program, and they tend to have a cult like following when it comes to things.

I really hope this is going to be as awesome as they are making it seem ! Sounds pretty sick with the teams in line so far so hopefully all works out

I almost don't care about the format. The fact that these teams will be in one place, before Worlds, is exciting to me. Granted, I want them to compete and all, but I'm not as concerned about what the actual format is. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend Worlds again this year, so this has the potential of being my Worlds. I'm so freaking happy that it's close enough that I have the opportunity to attend (if my gym doesn't have a competition that weekend).

I know there are lots of people that are annoyed at how slow the reveal is, but it's like cheerleading Christmas for me right now. I don't know what the next present is going to be, but I know I'm probably going to like it....a lot.

I almost don't care about the format. The fact that these teams will be in one place, before Worlds, is exciting to me. Granted, I want them to compete and all, but I'm not as concerned about what the actual format is. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend Worlds again this year, so this has the potential of being my Worlds. I'm so freaking happy that it's close enough that I have the opportunity to attend (if my gym doesn't have a competition that weekend).

I know there are lots of people that are annoyed at how slow the reveal is, but it's like cheerleading Christmas for me right now. I don't know what the next present is going to be, but I know I'm probably going to like it....a lot.
I'm pretty sure the CNY competition is the 6th if you're going back....it's on my schedule but I still want to go to the champions league!

I'm pretty sure the CNY competition is the 6th if you're going back....it's on my schedule but I still want to go to the champions league!

ugh...lol I don't actually know if we're going back, but I much rather go to the champions league haha

Back