All-Star Change Of Season: Change Of Gyms, Divisions Etc.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also...it is not recruiting if another parent calls you first and is unhappy with their gym and wants info.....:) Honestly...I will stick with my same story I always say...there are NO pink slips to people...we are customers...we don’t want much...make us happy..we will stay:)

I'm curious...how do these so called "recruiters" get these athletes phone numbers? Is it possible that they've already expressed an interest in this other gym? If another gym called my child, I would be very upset and would demand to know how they got their information in the first place.

lakerfantlc, i don't think there is a problem with you as a parent contacting another parent of an athlete. I would hope that no one is referring to that as unethical. If that's the case, I've unethically recruited several members to our gym. :rolleyes:

I'm curious...how do these so called "recruiters" get these athletes phone numbers? Is it possible that they've already expressed an interest in this other gym? If another gym called my child, I would be very upset and would demand to know how they got their information in the first place.

lakerfantlc, i don't think there is a problem with you as a parent contacting another parent of an athlete. I would hope that no one is referring to that as unethical. If that's the case, I've unethically recruited several members to our gym. :rolleyes:
SheCheers I agree with you!!.......it all very dramatic and it is mostly from angry bitter people...if you like your gym..be happy...if you don't..leave...but throwing stones and being angry only makes them look small...it’s just cheer...:)

WOW.......this is HILARIOUS!!!!! There's thousands of people on these boards and YOU knew it was about YOU!!!!! Can you say GUILTY!!!! BAHAHAHA And just to clarify they have had kids/parents phone numbers since they cheered with them for years. I am still confused on the JUSTIFICATION of recruiting these cheerleaders during cheer SEASON!!!! I seen the text/Facebook messages and they were very one sided, but we will agree to disagree all day long ;) no need for name calling WWJD!!!!!

P.S. MM will be on later.

I think "RECRUTING" has different meanings to different people??? If you are leaving/looking for new gym because you are unhappy then by all means LOOK away!!! For the amount of $$$ all-star cheer cost I believe you should be happy to give your money, but I have a problem when this happens and the PEOPLE try and take as many FOLLOWERS with them! Take a stance yes, be a follower NO!!!! Another thing I dont think contacting kids/parents (for example right before worlds) PLEADING/PROMISING if they come to a new gym that they will "FOR SURE" be on a higher level team is in good taste. I know the grass always looks so GREEN on the other side, but have a little class in the process.

You're right, sometimes the grass isn't Green on the other side, it's GOLD :)
These are all things to consider, you can't blame people for wanting to succeed.

Good Luck to you!!

WOW.......this is HILARIOUS!!!!! There's thousands of people on these boards and YOU knew it was about YOU!!!!! Can you say GUILTY!!!! BAHAHAHA And just to clarify they have had kids/parents phone numbers since they cheered with them for years. I am still confused on the JUSTIFICATION of recruiting these cheerleaders during cheer SEASON!!!! I seen the text/Facebook messages and they were very one sided, but we will agree to disagree all day long ;) no need for name calling WWJD!!!!!

wow...touchy...:) Have a great season:)

kingston I wish there was a way to Downvote a specific poster causing unjust drama on a viable thread so we can get rid of it Exhibit A: Cheermafia aka Michelle Martin etc etc

Thats on the list for this summer to create.

Dude....chill out. Hahahaha.mshesnanparent. She can hardly recruit.

Michelle?

Reactions: DJ
Bottom line- if you build a great program people will come...no need to recruit!! That being said, we have tumbled/clinics in other gyms and have been shamelessly recruited, once by a coach that was good friends with the coach she had at the time...turned me off the program 100% and even called them out on it!

Back