All-Star Charlotte Allstars Merger

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think its quite rude that CheerUpdates has tweeted out the location of the merging team. In Charlottes original tweet they said 'Location will be announced Monday! :) " which makes me think they were going to have a big reveal of the location and CU has gone ahead and done it already...
I think you are pointing the finger at the wrong person. Someone told CU, that's where the blame should be. Don't be mad a secret got out just bc you couldn't keep your mouth shut.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wow. Kind of being ugly to the kids that are on the worlds teams now!

i don't think so. i've written numerous, well-thought out and eloquent posts, IMO, about the issue. teams should be created to be successful in their respective division, no matter what that division may be. why would you set your kids up to fail? that does not mean they have to win worlds, but in this case a full paid bid or advancing to semi-finals/finals would be a good way to gauge if they're hitting that mark. CAC does a good job with choosing appropriate levels and divisions for their other teams... and then you get to level 5 and it's sort of a mess. i have no doubt that the kids and coaches work their butts off, but their work isn't producing ideal results.

it's like some gyms don't want to swallow their pride and embrace the restricted division (this goes for a lot of programs.) it was created for a reason, and i think they could have a kick-a$$ SR5 team and an awesome worlds team if they created teams differently. they spread themselves way too thin in worlds divisions.

If it is Prodigy Allstars in Concord, that makes absolutely no sense. Concord and Charlotte are basically the same place. There's like maybe 15 minutes between the two.

Honestly it wasnt his place to disclose that information in the first place.
Not saying it was but why should he bare all the blame? Secrets get out everyday in the cheer world. Come on people the release was in 3 days so you're telling me the word wasn't out? Regardless blame should lie on the person that couldn't keep their mouth shut to him not him.

If it is Prodigy Allstars in Concord, that makes absolutely no sense. Concord and Charlotte are basically the same place. There's like maybe 15 minutes between the two.

Not really. CAC is on the south side in the Matthews area. Concord is the north side and with traffic and no direct route it could be 40-45 minutes between gyms. On the whole though its like north Charlotte and south Charlotte but it could probably save some people's drive if they're already drawing from the north side.

Saying CU shouldn't disclose the location is like saying TMZ has no right to announce Miley and Gale are no longer together. He prides himself on being the "Perez Hilton" of cheer....
Personally I think there are juicier stories out there to dish on in the cheer world....
It's just a new location...not earth shattering...the kids may not know its going down but I'm sure the parents do...

i don't think so. i've written numerous, well-thought out and eloquent posts, IMO, about the issue. teams should be created to be successful in their respective division, no matter what that division may be. why would you set your kids up to fail? that does not mean they have to win worlds, but in this case a full paid bid or advancing to semi-finals/finals would be a good way to gauge if they're hitting that mark. CAC does a good job with choosing appropriate levels and divisions for their other teams... and then you get to level 5 and it's sort of a mess. i have no doubt that the kids and coaches work their butts off, but their work isn't producing ideal results.

it's like some gyms don't want to swallow their pride and embrace the restricted division (this goes for a lot of programs.) it was created for a reason, and i think they could have a kick-a$$ SR5 team and an awesome worlds team if they created teams differently. they spread themselves way too thin in worlds divisions.

So if I'm reading you right, 90% of the teams going to worlds don't have a snowballs chance in you know where to win. So why go? Stay home, save money and watch it on live feed.

I'm sure most of these kids know they aren't going to win. They are going for the experience, the atmosphere, the chance to see and compete against the best. These kids arent stupid. They see the videos. Most of the kids know they don't have the skills or the routine to hang with the big boys. But by being on a level they may not be ready for can make them work harder TO get the skills.

And if you think by not winning, you are setting your kids up for failure, i feel bad for you. Parents who teach their kids that are really setting them up for failure when they don't get that job or promotion or boyfriend. There are people that only do it for the win, but more do it for the love of it.

Right now, March Madness is going on. 64 teams fighting for that national championship. 90% of those teams have no chance of winning but they' are there doing their best. And sometimes, a little noon team like Florida Gulf Coast beats powerhouse Georgetown. And anyone can win or lose at anytime.

So if I'm reading you right, 90% of the teams going to worlds don't have a snowballs chance in you know where to win. So why go? Stay home, save money and watch it on live feed.

I'm sure most of these kids know they aren't going to win. They are going for the experience, the atmosphere, the chance to see and compete against the best. These kids arent stupid. They see the videos. Most of the kids know they don't have the skills or the routine to hang with the big boys. But by being on a level they may not be ready for can make them work harder TO get the skills.

And if you think by not winning, you are setting your kids up for failure, i feel bad for you. Parents who teach their kids that are really setting them up for failure when they don't get that job or promotion or boyfriend. There are people that only do it for the win, but more do it for the love of it.

Right now, March Madness is going on. 64 teams fighting for that national championship. 90% of those teams have no chance of winning but they' are there doing their best. And sometimes, a little noon team like Florida Gulf Coast beats powerhouse Georgetown. And anyone can win or lose at anytime.

I preface this by saying: 1. Please don't take the "Extreme" in my username into account with the following comment. I love "us" and am not ashamed of it! I 2. This is an unbiased opinion/observation.

I think @njallday's comments were specific to Charlotte as a program, who has a record as being a contender for the top spot or placing in the top ten consistently. This is one of the few years I remember seeing their premier team looking so disorganized and unready for World's. Am I saying that teams who appear not to be able to win, shouldn't go to worlds? I don't think so. Teams come from all over the globe who may never see the podium. That's what Worlds is about! However, should the very best kids from Teal and Midnight, combine to become a Teal team we are familiar with so they can make a showing more characteristic with the quality we've become accustomed to seeing from CAC? That's not for me to say. That's up to their coaches. But, I can't hate on someone for coming out and saying so.

Saying CU shouldn't disclose the location is like saying TMZ has no right to announce Miley and Gale are no longer together. He prides himself on being the "Perez Hilton" of cheer....
Personally I think there are juicier stories out there to dish on in the cheer world....
It's just a new location...not earth shattering...the kids may not know its going down but I'm sure the parents do...

hahahahaha love it

I preface this by saying: 1. Please don't take the "Extreme" in my username into account with the following comment. I love "us" and am not ashamed of it! I 2. This is an unbiased opinion/observation.

I think @njallday's comments were specific to Charlotte as a program, who has a record as being a contender for the top spot or placing in the top ten consistently. This is one of the few years I remember seeing their premier team looking so disorganized and unready for World's. Am I saying that teams who appear not to be able to win, shouldn't go to worlds? I don't think so. Teams come from all over the globe who may never see the podium. That's what Worlds is about! However, should the very best kids from Teal and Midnight, combine to become a Teal team we are familiar with so they can make a showing more characteristic with the quality we've become accustomed to seeing from CAC? That's not for me to say. That's up to their coaches. But, I can't hate on someone for coming out and saying so.

Please don't insinuate that I am hating on someone for expressing their opinion. I in no way meant any disrespect. I expressed my opinion like everyone else does.

Back