All-Star Charlotte Allstars Merger

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The gym (Prodigy) has been told nothing. We were told there were going to be changes almost a week ago and haven't heard anything. Our owner tweeted "People shouldn't jump to conclusions when they have NO idea what they are talking about :)" From the Charlotte All-Stars web page, they are building a new building next to their South location because they have already outgrown it.

However, we were supposed to get our packets last week as well, but "changes" are still being made. So this could be something.

We may be out of the loop, and our coaches aren't saying anything... Either there was much ado about nothing, or we are still waiting on an announcement.

Will update this forum if I learn anything. I would hope that someone from CAC would post something as well, just to clear up any confusion.

The gym (Prodigy) has been told nothing. We were told there were going to be changes almost a week ago and haven't heard anything. Our owner tweeted "People shouldn't jump to conclusions when they have NO idea what they are talking about :)" From the Charlotte All-Stars web page, they are building a new building next to their South location because they have already outgrown it.

However, we were supposed to get our packets last week as well, but "changes" are still being made. So this could be something.

We may be out of the loop, and our coaches aren't saying anything... Either there was much ado about nothing, or we are still waiting on an announcement.

Will update this forum if I learn anything. I would hope that someone from CAC would post something as well, just to clear up any confusion.
The announcement that was supposed to be made hasn't been made yet on our end either. I'm sure they're working out the details of whatever is happening and we will find out once that is done. Either way, I'm really excited for the future. :D

The announcement that was supposed to be made hasn't been made yet on our end either. I'm sure they're working out the details of whatever is happening and we will find out once that is done. Either way, I'm really excited for the future. :D
It appears that while we have merged with CAC, we will still compete as Prodigy for the 2013-2914 season. Depending if there is still a "lite" team or not will determine if my daughter will continue to cheer or not.

It appears that while we have merged with CAC, we will still compete as Prodigy for the 2013-2914 season. Depending if there is still a "lite" team or not will determine if my daughter will continue to cheer or not.

What is a "lite" team?

It is what Prodigy calls the "rec" or "prep" team. ;)
It is a shorter, less expensive version for All-Stars. Sort of a way to dip your toe into the cheerleading world to see if you like it.

Update: We have been told that there will still be a Rec team at Prodigy for the 2013-2014 season. So my daughter will be able to cheer another year. There were a few other girls that are excited since they either 1. can't afford a full all-star year or 2. don't feel ready to move up to all-stars. YAY! :D

It is a shorter, less expensive version for All-Stars. Sort of a way to dip your toe into the cheerleading world to see if you like it.

Update: We have been told that there will still be a Rec team at Prodigy for the 2013-2014 season. So my daughter will be able to cheer another year. There were a few other girls that are excited since they either 1. can't afford a full all-star year or 2. don't feel ready to move up to all-stars. YAY! :D

Okay.......I've never heard that term before so thank you so much for explaining. Makes perfect sense now. LOL

So glad you got the good news about the team you wanted for your CP. I wish y'all a very successful season next year!!!

Okay.......I've never heard that term before so thank you so much for explaining. Makes perfect sense now. LOL

So glad you got the good news about the team you wanted for your CP. I wish y'all a very successful season next year!!!
You are welcome!

CAC just set up a new structure in which there is an option you can choose at the beginning of the season how much you'd like to do. So far, it's set up as "premier", "classic", and "select". The "select" program will include the prep and half year teams...your CP should continue to be good to go!

Oh yeah.....welcome to the family! :cheering:

Oh yeah.....welcome to the family! :cheering:
CAC just set up a new structure in which there is an option you can choose at the beginning of the season how much you'd like to do. So far, it's set up as "premier", "classic", and "select". The "select" program will include the prep and half year teams...your CP should continue to be good to go!

"Premier, classic, and select"? Can you explain these further?

That is great news! Thank you so much for the info! Now, I have a question... What does CP stand for?

"premier" teams will have more travel and more required practices, etc. "classic" will be basically what the set up has been for the level 1-4 teams all along, and "select" will be prep and half year teams and will have mostly local comps. This set up gives families more choice in pricing and commitment level.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

"premier" teams will have more travel and more required practices, etc. "classic" will be basically what the set up has been for the level 1-4 teams all along, and "select" will be prep and half year teams and will have mostly local comps. This set up gives families more choice in pricing and commitment level.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks and good luck with everything!

Back