All-Star Cheating With Over Age Kids On Teams!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

"that's a senior team and they aren't doing back handsprings! are you sure that's a senior team?" me: "yes, it's senior level 1. i tell you this EVERY competition...the NAME is the age group, the NUMBER is the skill level." her: "oh, whatever, just tell me what team is competing against my cp.'s team."

THIS!! Seriously drives me NUTS! How can parents spend so much time & money, yet remain soooo uninformed?!

Sorry, looks like this might be my pet peeve.

well if you are 100% sure they cheated, I don't see a problem with calling them out. Cheaters should get called out. The only problem is when people don't have their facts straight and it's a he-said-she-said thing that ruins a gym's reputation.
This thread contradicts itself because if you read through the whole thing one of the big issues is actually calling out the cheaters and how everyone is in favor of it being done. And then someone does and is slammed for it. I understand it maybe should not have been casually mentioned with a gym name thrown in there in the way that it was since it was based on hearsay, but if more people were willing to come forward to out cheating gyms whether they are well-known or lesser-known gyms, maybe it would actually happen less. And if there were actually consistent punishments for cheating....but that's a whole other thread.

This thread contradicts itself because if you read through the whole thing one of the big issues is actually calling out the cheaters and how everyone is in favor of it being done. And then someone does and is slammed for it. I understand it maybe should not have been casually mentioned with a gym name thrown in there in the way that it was since it was based on hearsay, but if more people were willing to come forward to out cheating gyms whether they are well-known or lesser-known gyms, maybe it would actually happen less. And if there were actually consistent punishments for cheating....but that's a whole other thread.

It is simple to me. If you have proof of cheating, then you are obligated to report it. If you do not have proof, then you should keep your suspicions to yourself. Spreading a rumor about it on a message board doesn't fit either of those scenarios.

Okay....resurrecting this thread for a funny "illegal athlete" story from today...

We're competing at UCA in TN right now. Today, my son (whom I swear we carry his birth certificate and Civil Air Patrol ID with us...he does look at least 18) was competing on his J4. He's pushing 6-1, he's pretty ripped for tossing girls around for three years and he's point standing tuck, at the front for opening two mans....etc...

One of our other moms came to me and said..."I just have to tell you this story! Your CP was out there with the J4 and this random mom and her two kids were going crazy complaining that he was illegal because we 'clearly had a 40year old man' on that team! I mean look he has grey hair!"

She said, "I lasted about as long as I could before I said, 'excuse me, he's from my gym...he's a 14year old freshman and would be silver hairspray.'"

Apparently, her response was...."oh."

But, you know....grey is a natural hair color so I guess we're not violating any new image rules anymore than the kid with lime green hair. But, I think we'll stick with red tomorrow :)

I have one of those athletes that would have been eligible to be on a youth team last year at 5 foot 7 inches! (She was actually on a junior team but I still carried her birth certificate around). If she had actually stayed on the youth team, I don't think I would blame anyone for questioning her age...she is still 12 years old but looks much older. I am actually happy she is going to be turning 13 and growing into her age a little bit more.

$200.00 to protest an athlete would have cost them that money...I think if you are going to officially lodge a complaint you need more than "There is no way that kid is 12...she looks like she is at least 16". Has that "Pay to Protest" actually gone into effect? I thought we were all just kind of throwing that out there?

Back