All-Star Cheer Alliance 16 Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

F5 had 4pts in deductions, so it wasn't a clean routine. Panthers had 5pts ded, Stars 5.5 ded, and SE 1pt ded. Panthers and Stars had higher raw scores, that's why they placed higher than F5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where are the raw scores, haven't seen them... Would like to see them...
But this is just another reason why I don't get why they release scores if they don't release the score breakdowns. Cause it's still a guessing game as to how teams score the way they do.

Compared to Varsity events.... yes, you're right. I know, as a whole here, were all gung ho about how bad Varsity is and we want more options, but independent EPs and independent comps are most likely not going to have the same production value that Varsity events will have. And they wont have the nice banners, trophies, medals, participation gifts, etc that you get at Varsity events because Varisty has the resources, money, and experience to make those things happen while independents don't. Varsity puts on some nice competitions, ill give them that. But thats because they have thousands and thousands and thousands of hours of practice doing so. If I am understanding correctly, there was no real EP involved in this.

I havent followed the competition today enough to touch upon the other things you have mentioned. But if we want independent EPs and comps, we cant expect Varsity level productions. Atleast not for a little while.
I don't think it would have been as much of an issue to me if the other things hadn't of happened (tweets, placements, etc). I think I was just super disappointed because of how hyped up this competition was.. I was just expecting much more

Compared to Varsity events.... yes, you're right. I know, as a whole here, were all gung ho about how bad Varsity is and we want more options, but independent EPs and independent comps are most likely not going to have the same production value that Varsity events will have. And they wont have the nice banners, trophies, medals, participation gifts, etc that you get at Varsity events because Varisty has the resources, money, and experience to make those things happen while independents don't. Varsity puts on some nice competitions, ill give them that. But thats because they have thousands and thousands and thousands of hours of practice doing so. If I am understanding correctly, there was no real EP involved in this.

I havent followed the competition today enough to touch upon the other things you have mentioned. But if we want independent EPs and comps, we cant expect Varsity level productions. Atleast not for a little while.

There was an actual EP for this event and aside from issues like not selling tickets at the door like advertised, lack of tables and seating at the Friday night gala, one of the biggest complaints was no elevated floor with flat seating so unless you were right up front you had terrible viewing. It should not have been that much more to invest in something that increases customer satisfaction. Other complaints I heard was it being too close to Christmas and in general being to expensive. I actually know parents that couldn't afford to attend this event.

**Quietly waiting to let the dogs out**

Just found out the comp tonight is sold out and we don't have tickets...pretty sure my dreams of seeing wcss live are being crushed...

ETA: if anyone knows of someone who has a ticket they don't actually need, i would love to pay them for it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to go but when we saw the weather we decided was not great idea.But all the teams looked so good from what I saw online.i love shooting stars.And Top Gun is so good too.I bet it was real crowded so we had a better view online anyhow.

I did not like the flat seating either. But the competition did run really smoothly up until maybe the last 10 teams? So big creds for that. I also thought the parent/friends area seemed to work fine? But some other things: I thought the hall just looked SO basic. I agree with not having a busy background but it was just a (half-empty) hall. Also, probably would have been good to have more bathrooms to go to. Would have loved more Pro Shops, that area was very empty too.

In regards to Wildcats: They won International Grand Champ.

From what i've seen online the competition set up itself looked like a bit of a mess and scoring was the same but In my opinion the best thing that's come out of this is that despite the falls, errors etc. theres a lot of solid, creative and energetic routines being put out that should make for some great competition later in the season. Large senior was such a toss up and I agree with most of you in that f5 should have been higher up but senior elite was great and from what I've seen on beneath the crown and through the season so far, their stunts are clean and their routine is difficult. Congrats to all the teams!

Back