All-Star Cheer Athletics Moving

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
Got the word from a friend on panthers that the program is moving to a new, larger gym. Anybody have the details on this?

Cheer Investigations!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! But That Facility Is Ridiculous! I wonder what the new sq. will be. 150,000?!

Cheer Athletics is gonna make sure they are not out done by Stingrays with that new spring floor that was recently installed at Rays!!!

Answers to most common questions:

1. The new gym feels bigger when you are inside and it has more "usable" space, but it is actually a tiny bit smaller. Because of the support beams in our current space, much of our current square footage is not practical to use. This will not be an issue in the new space.

2. There will be space for 7 teams to practice concurrently, each with their own full 54' x 42' floor. (Current gym has 5 actual full-sized mats.)

3. There will be a walled-off area for our dance program. A huge area, actually.

4. There will be an enclosed viewing area with windows into the gym.

5. We are keeping both tumble tramps, both rod floors, and adding other new equipment.

6. Yes, we are keeping the NCA and Worlds banners and hanging them in the new space. (I was asked this multiple times.)

7. We anticipate moving sometime between NCA and Worlds, but we are the mercy of the construction crew and the City of Plano. (Don't get me started on how incredibly difficult Plano has been to deal with compared to any of our other moves.)

8. It is a brand-new space that is being custom-built (on the inside) to our specifications.

9. It will have full AC/Heat throughout.

Answers to most common questions:

1. The new gym feels bigger when you are inside and it has more "usable" space, but it is actually a tiny bit smaller. Because of the support beams in our current space, much of our current square footage is not practical to use. This will not be an issue in the new space.

That floor that's crookedly sitting between those support posts always made me nervous! Glad to hear the new facility will have more useable space, and will be safer for everyone!

That floor that's crookedly sitting between those support posts always made me nervous! Glad to hear the new facility will have more useable space, and will be safer for everyone!

All of the floors currently do that. Diagonally is the only way they would fit. This means that MUCH of the "corner" spaces are basically wasted. That will NOT be an issue in the new space, thankfully.

10. The ceiling is actually higher in the new space. 28' to the beam.

Back