All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw a comment on Instagram from an athlete on Onyxcats that the showcase was their first and last performance as medium coed. Maybe I missed something, and I'm too lazy to explore every social media site to find out, are Onyxcats changing divisions?
Yes, they are going small coed.

What things do you do to keep motivation in your gym and what things do you do to make CA a positive place for your athletes?!

I don't know that I can narrow it down to a list. Generally, we are always trying to find ways to make things fun and positive for the staff and athletes. We typically look for coaches that can typically get their point across without being negative or making threats. We aren't perfect at it, but we are always working on it.

If it's not too personal, why is that? Since they just became medium and now going back to small.

Injuries and some school-team conflicts changed the number on the team. Also, they started the year small, so they were really built more around that number to start with. (Not to mention that CA already has a medium coed - Junglecats.)

I just got in from open gym in Austin and want to add that the coaches are amazing and the most patient I have ever seen - whether you are level 6 or level 1 they take the time to work with everyone, always PRAISE, NEVER belittle, make everything fun and are the most amazing group of coaches. Chris (Wildcats) is also so much fun at our gym too and the kids love him. The coaches are always energetic and I see high-fives and hear applause every practice and open gym. They hug the kids. They encourage. My CP's just love them all and are happy to work. They are doing something right at CA :) That's all.

I really want to add that the coaches that train at CA take that coaching ethic with them where ever they go. We are lucky enough to be at a very small gym owned by an ex-Wildcat/CA Coach/current Claw 6 and it's like a micro-CA. It's pretty evident of where he was "grown" and we feel blessed to have found him.
CA should offer coaching conferences to teach other gyms how to have such a positive atmosphere.

What do you keep in your cheer bag for comps!?

Mine is not going to be very typical:

Timbuk2 Messenger bag

1. Apple Macbook Air 13"
2. Ipad Mini
3. Moleskine notepad
4. Scansnap portable scanner.
5. Mophie portable charger.
6. Various cables/adapters/pens etc.

Note: iPhone & iPad are different carriers (ATT/Verizon) and both have personal hotspot capabilities. This gives me the option of checking both to see which has better bandwidth/coverage.

Occasionally, I will use a bigger bag and include:
Olympus OM-D with various lenses and batteries.

Back